This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your reaction if every type got status immunity to same type moves?

#1Megumi samaPosted 9/16/2013 4:55:55 AM
That and immunity to status moves of a type the pokemon is immune to (like how Ground is already immune to Thunder Wave and Steel is already immune to Toxic, make Dark immune to Hypnosis and Ghost immune to Sing/Lovely Kiss).

It might help Normal types avoid paralyze from Serene Grace Body Slams, but I'm not sure what else it would do to change the metagame.
---
We're the only Marvel title that features squirrels. And do you really want a squirrel-free comic? I don't think so. - Dan Slott, on GLA
#2TyphlaxPosted 9/16/2013 4:58:24 AM
uh, it would break it and everyone would have to work from the ground up as everybody switches in with impunity on anything
---
TyphlosionEXplOsIOn
GT: Pyroskank
#3Megumi sama(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 4:59:41 AM
Typhlax posted...
uh, it would break it and everyone would have to work from the ground up as everybody switches in with impunity on anything

Not immune to damage; just status effects from moves of the same type.
---
We're the only Marvel title that features squirrels. And do you really want a squirrel-free comic? I don't think so. - Dan Slott, on GLA
#4Twilight_SonataPosted 9/16/2013 5:00:36 AM
Typhlax posted...

The proposed immunity is just to statuses, not damage.
Personally, I don't think it's a great idea. It might make sense some of the time, but I don't think Normal Pokemon should be immune to, say, Sing.
#5TyphlaxPosted 9/16/2013 5:04:57 AM
my bad, my eyes glazed over "status"
---
TyphlosionEXplOsIOn
GT: Pyroskank
#6Megumi sama(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 5:09:23 AM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Typhlax posted...

The proposed immunity is just to statuses, not damage.
Personally, I don't think it's a great idea. It might make sense some of the time, but I don't think Normal Pokemon should be immune to, say, Sing.

If we're just going by making sense, then the fact that plants are immune to the status moves of other plants doesn't make a lot of sense either: there are plants that do release material toxic to other plants they compete with. I don't necessarily think they would ever try this, but I'm interested if anyone sees this as a significant change. At first I was worried it was too much of a Ghost buff, but most Normal type moves either are too crappy to use or do statuses as a secondary effect to the damage so they're already immune.
---