This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So about mega evolution

#1vyseskiesPosted 9/16/2013 6:35:56 AM
Are permanent evolutions or just something like 'hyper mode" increasing the pokemon stats and/or learning new noves until the end of battle?

The mega stone can only be used on battle?

It seems that Mewtwo has 2 mega evolutions, one male and another female? can you choose it?

every final form pokemon will have a mega evolution now?
---
Hail Monster Hunter Franchise! Hail One Piece!
<3
#2Twilight_SonataPosted 9/16/2013 6:41:01 AM(edited)
vyseskies posted...
Are permanent evolutions or just something like 'hyper mode" increasing the pokemon stats and/or learning new noves until the end of battle?

Mega Evolutions are temporary evolutions that can be activated during battle and that are gone after battle, so more the latter.

The mega stone can only be used on battle?

Did you mean one battle? Like you're asking if it's a one-use-only item like Focus Sash or a Berry? I don't think we know 100%, but all signs I've seen point to it not being one-use-only.

It seems that Mewtwo has 2 mega evolutions, one male and another female?

Mewtwo is sexless. Its two forms have not a singular thing to do with gender. Rather, which Mega Evolution it turns into depends on which variant of the Mega Stone it holds.

every final form pokemon will have a mega evolution now?

This is unknown but unlikely.
#3Rodimus_PrimePosted 9/16/2013 6:48:50 AM
I don't understand why people think Mega Mewtwo Y is supposed to resemble a female. No one was saying that before Mega Mewtwo X was revealed.
---
"Yeah, they're in the game. But if you don't buy them, you can't play as them. Why? Because F*** YOU GIVE ME MONEY!"-Angry Joe
#4Twilight_SonataPosted 9/16/2013 7:03:48 AM
Rodimus_Prime posted...
I don't understand why people think Mega Mewtwo Y is supposed to resemble a female. No one was saying that before Mega Mewtwo X was revealed.

Because the letters X and Y have never referred to anything other than male and female chromosomes.
#5SammuthegreatPosted 9/16/2013 7:05:28 AM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Rodimus_Prime posted...

Because the letters X and Y have never referred to anything other than male and female chromosomes.

...except that females have XX chromosomes, and males have XY chromosomes. Whereas Mewtwo Y is the "feminine" one, and Mewtwo X is the "masculine" part-Fighting one. So that analogy doesn't work.
#6SammuthegreatPosted 9/16/2013 7:05:58 AM
Edit to the above post - I now realise you were probably being sarcastic. Oops.
#7Twilight_SonataPosted 9/16/2013 7:07:26 AM
I was indeed being sarcastic, no worries. =)
#8The_DragonwPosted 9/16/2013 7:07:40 AM
In other animals, females are heterogametic- they have XY. Don't always base these things on human genes. Because Mewtwo isn't human.
---
White Friend Code: 1764 2206 9014
The official Shadow Lugia of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#9Megumi samaPosted 9/16/2013 7:14:43 AM
The_Dragonw posted...
In other animals, females are heterogametic- they have XY. Don't always base these things on human genes. Because Mewtwo isn't human.

...Except that in those species the chromosomes are identified as W and Z (males are ZZ and females are ZW) to avoid the confusion having "XY is female for birds" would cause.
---
We're the only Marvel title that features squirrels. And do you really want a squirrel-free comic? I don't think so. - Dan Slott, on GLA
#10ExcIusivity69Posted 9/16/2013 10:40:08 AM
Rodimus_Prime posted...

Actually, they did, though it was mainly because the newest Pokemon movie had a female voice actress playing Mega Mewtwo Y.
---
When did "casual player" become an insult? -Taizuku
The real question is "When did hardcore gamer become a compliment/aspiration?" -JMBoote