This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Blissey better off Normal (completely)?

#1Nomorice4UPosted 9/16/2013 6:50:53 AM
Assuming it'll be Normal/Fairy, are the dragon immunity, neutral damage from fighting, and resistance to bug and dark a good trade for being weak to Poison and Steel?

Steel, for instance, is terribly dominant and despite the changes (feel like a buff more than a nerf imo btw) doesn't seem like that'll change. Poison has had a lot of sleepers waiting to get their turn in the spotlight.
---
Capcom All Star dream team - Dr. Wily/Devilot/Donovan or Rouge/Talbain/Megaman(any)
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 9/16/2013 6:54:03 AM
Well, most Poison type moves are special, so they won't do much to Blissey, and Scizor and Metagross smashed through her with Bullet Punch and Meteor Mash respectively anyway.

It might be a worthy tradeoff, but it's not like we know how the game will be in Gen 6.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#3DunnoBroPosted 9/16/2013 6:55:40 AM
I don't think Chansey will be fairy, she's always seemed the like example of normal for me. (Her and Snorlax)
---
>Implying I don't actually know
3DS FC: 3308 4781 6052
#4HipsterManPrimePosted 9/16/2013 6:57:47 AM
As far as I can tell, no. Besides Metagross and Scizor, few steel pokemon are physically offensive and invest more in defense. Being neutral to fighting and resisting bug (u-turn is one of the most common physical attacks) is a great trade off for being weak to steel and poison attacks that are, at the moment, uncommon. Oh, and its immune to OUTRAGE.

It will easily stay OU
---
Nintendo + Sony = Gamer's Paradise.
#5fedartzPosted 9/16/2013 7:08:40 AM
yes normal is better
---
We are at the brink of anarchy
#6Twilight_SonataPosted 9/16/2013 7:12:31 AM
Nomorice4U posted...
Assuming it'll be Normal/Fairy, are the dragon immunity, neutral damage from fighting, and resistance to bug and dark a good trade for being weak to Poison and Steel?

I would say that, yes, those are definitely worth it.

Steel, for instance, is terribly dominant and despite the changes (feel like a buff more than a nerf imo btw) doesn't seem like that'll change. Poison has had a lot of sleepers waiting to get their turn in the spotlight.

Steel is a dominant Pokemon type, but it's not at all a dominant attack type, and that's a big difference. Also, Poison may have a lot of Pokemon that have been waiting for their moment, but dealing with their attacks is far preferable to the huge base damage of competitive Dragon- and Fighting-type attacks.
#7DunnoBroPosted 9/16/2013 7:22:24 AM
If Blissey is made fairy, I think she'd still be pretty much the same. Avoid the phys attackers.
---
>Implying I don't actually know
3DS FC: 3308 4781 6052
#8Nomorice4U(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 8:30:33 PM
DunnoBro posted...
If Blissey is made fairy, I think she'd still be pretty much the same. Avoid the phys attackers.

But it'd be much harder to avoid physical attackers, things like rain Toxicroak (and to a lesser extent, Tentacruel) have just seen a major buff. I'm also anticipating steel spike (tbh, spike should've been steel in the 1st place). Things like Honedge also seems like a major physical steel threat. I just don't see a bright future for Blissey.
---
Capcom All Star dream team - Dr. Wily/Devilot/Donovan or Rouge/Talbain/Megaman(any)
#9snuffles504Posted 9/16/2013 8:36:31 PM
Nomorice4U posted...
DunnoBro posted...

But it'd be much harder to avoid physical attackers, things like rain Toxicroak (and to a lesser extent, Tentacruel) have just seen a major buff. I'm also anticipating steel spike (tbh, spike should've been steel in the 1st place). Things like Honedge also seems like a major physical steel threat. I just don't see a bright future for Blissey.

That may be true, but running into 99% percent of Steel types who don't have good physical offense pose far better chances than running into 99% percent of Fighting types who pretty much all invest in physical offense. Then, as other have already said, the ability to switch into an Outrage or other powerful Dragon attack and completely negate it is incredible.
---
Official Rinzler of the Kingdom Hearts III Board
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#10Nomorice4U(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 8:53:33 PM
snuffles504 posted...
Nomorice4U posted...
DunnoBro posted...

That may be true, but running into 99% percent of Steel types who don't have good physical offense pose far better chances than running into 99% percent of Fighting types who pretty much all invest in physical offense. Then, as other have already said, the ability to switch into an Outrage or other powerful Dragon attack and completely negate it is incredible.

With Fairy's immunity, I doubt anyone would be using Dragon type attacks, especially outrage, so freely though. But, I guess it all remain to be seen.
---