This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Team Nova Rp planning and discussion

#21Cheesepower5Posted 9/16/2013 10:29:05 PM
So, besides Dr. Celeste pulling some seriously Whovian s*** and outsmarting Maurice completely or an Arceus ex Machina, how the hell will Team Nova get defeated once Mewtwo and Xerneas get under their control?

I mean, I know scratch damage applies to Pokemon, but I think every resistance member is OHKO'd. :P

Level 1 Grant with focus sash, endeavour and quick attack. Awww yeah, say your prayers Shadow Lugia.
---
We are the champions, but me most of all!
Official Eikichi Mishina of all MegaTen boards.
#22HHDeceptionPosted 9/16/2013 10:35:06 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#23Cheesepower5Posted 9/16/2013 10:46:39 PM
I'm starting to regret making an underpowered character. Here's hoping I can rely on dat Magikarp power!

And I'd rather wing it when it comes to knowing what's going to happen, for the most part. More interesting that way. And I mean, Jay and Osric are tough and potential turn-coats, but they're not on Maurice's level. And definitely not Shadow Legendary level.
---
#24N-K-SPosted 9/17/2013 1:03:07 AM
Is Misty still alive.....?
#25IVIasterJayPosted 9/17/2013 2:08:14 AM
Cheesepower5 posted...
So, besides Dr. Celeste pulling some seriously Whovian s*** and outsmarting Maurice completely or an Arceus ex Machina, how the hell will Team Nova get defeated once Mewtwo and Xerneas get under their control?

I mean, I know scratch damage applies to Pokemon, but I think every resistance member is OHKO'd. :P

Level 1 Grant with focus sash, endeavour and quick attack. Awww yeah, say your prayers Shadow Lugia.

Arceus has already been written out of the story, so that no one can pull something like that. And why would Mewtwo and Xerneas put themselves into a position to get StarBursted? As long as they avoid direct conflict with Nova until the final battle, they shouldn't have to worry about the upgraded StarBurst. I think it's been established that running right up to Nova HQ and attacking doesn't work. The goal, which has been the goal since the beginning of the RP, is to keep crushing the resistance factions until they have no choice but to joint together to fight Nova. We can all see how well that's gone so far.
#26DigiHerokid(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 2:15:22 AM
N-K-S posted...
Is Misty still alive.....?

Yes, she's on top of mt coronet(spear pillar) with Prof. Juniper, Fennel, and Nelson.
---
B2 FC 3526-1414-2221
3DS FC 2148-8476-2728 " I am not a loner. I simply will not act like you to "fit in""-Me
#27Cheesepower5Posted 9/17/2013 6:41:10 AM
IVIasterJay posted...
Cheesepower5 posted...

Arceus has already been written out of the story, so that no one can pull something like that. And why would Mewtwo and Xerneas put themselves into a position to get StarBursted? As long as they avoid direct conflict with Nova until the final battle, they shouldn't have to worry about the upgraded StarBurst. I think it's been established that running right up to Nova HQ and attacking doesn't work. The goal, which has been the goal since the beginning of the RP, is to keep crushing the resistance factions until they have no choice but to joint together to fight Nova. We can all see how well that's gone so far.

I was using "Arceus ex Machina" to imply something contrived and completely out of the blue happening, not Arceus literally descending from the skies to f*** some Nova s*** up. And it's pretty much either Mewtwo and Xerneas avoid Nova completely (thus they can't help us either) or they're StarBursted at this point. My point is that I can't see how teaming up will help the resistances at all unless Nova suddenly drops in competency after. I mean, even if all of our RP characters together fought Maurice and Giratina, it'd be impossible for them to win it would seem. So we need to pull some seriously crazy mumbo jumbo. Possibly involving lasers.
---
#28IVIasterJayPosted 9/17/2013 10:43:02 AM
Cheesepower5 posted...
IVIasterJay posted...
Cheesepower5 posted...

I was using "Arceus ex Machina" to imply something contrived and completely out of the blue happening, not Arceus literally descending from the skies to f*** some Nova s*** up. And it's pretty much either Mewtwo and Xerneas avoid Nova completely (thus they can't help us either) or they're StarBursted at this point. My point is that I can't see how teaming up will help the resistances at all unless Nova suddenly drops in competency after. I mean, even if all of our RP characters together fought Maurice and Giratina, it'd be impossible for them to win it would seem. So we need to pull some seriously crazy mumbo jumbo. Possibly involving lasers.
I wouldn't put it past someone to actually pull 'Arceus descending from the heavens' out of thin air.

I think you've missed some not so subtle hints on how Nova is going to be defeated. Maurice's only power is control. If that control is taken away he has nothing. Legendary pokemon can't be StarBursted yet. He has Giratina... how? He has Deoxys... how?

Why would Mewtwo or Xerneas let themselves be StarBursted!? They are supposed to be the anti-Nova geniuses that built their own resistance and have avoided defeat for years. Are they going to just walk into Nova HQ when they could be turned in an instant? No.

Gasp! You might need to actually have a plan before the final battle. You are taking on a very powerful opponent after all.

Cel is incredibly OP so that she can take on all of the people that are basically their own demigods at this point. Jay's power isn't that strong, and Duncan's is entirely gone until Shadow Lugia makes his big reveal (again), so it's up to her to be the one person capable of protecting Maurice. Jay is perfectly open to turning against Nova. The only reason he hasn't already is that none of the factions seem like a better alternative. What are they going to do, destroy what practically amounts to a trans-continental nation and just send the world into chaos?
#29BadDecisionsPosted 9/17/2013 11:01:49 AM
I hope Richard Rider shows up.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSLJJDRA-jQ
Rate and subscribe. Very good best videos all the day!
#30empireoffirePosted 9/17/2013 11:35:36 AM
Cheesepower5 posted...
I'm starting to regret making an underpowered character. Here's hoping I can rely on dat Magikarp power!

And I'd rather wing it when it comes to knowing what's going to happen, for the most part. More interesting that way. And I mean, Jay and Osric are tough and potential turn-coats, but they're not on Maurice's level. And definitely not Shadow Legendary level.

Get a Protect-Generator. You can take on a Hydreigon with it! </advertisingpaidforbyCelesteCorp.>

Though I'd like see someone other than Team Mewtwo take a large-scale offensive front for once. The fights they've participated in so far are:

-Lavender (destroyed)
-Ecruteak (large-scale damages IIRC)
-Cannibar (destroyed)
-Goldenrod (Supply sabotage + a prevented Colony Drop)
-Sea Temple (SPAAAAACE)
-Mirage Fortress (prison break + unwitting Yveltal assist)
-Castelia City clean-up (in progress)
---
size does not matter....weight does.
other aliases: gamefreak043, Cyborg-Kangaroo, Joe The Smurf