This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When do YOU think Pokemon was at its best for you?

#21kratos_jadelovePosted 9/17/2013 4:50:27 AM
I started off with Pearl and Platinum, but then I played Firered, which is now my official favorite Pokemon game simply because it actually seemed to have some difficulty to it. I actually had to go back and train for the Champion because, like I had in Sinnoh, I trained just one Pokemon. But in Sinnoh, you could actually do that. Green, not so much. I like Heartgold a lot too though because you can go to two regions and it's the first game where I've been able to assemble my favorite team ever. I've not played any fifth gen games because I thought the starters looked stupid, but I think I'm almost over that now so I'll be getting it for Christmas.
---
Currently Playing:Pokemon Reborn, Tales of Xillia. Fav Games: Tales of Symphonia/Abyss, Galaga, Assassin's Creed, Metroid Prime
FFXIII can go die in a hole.
#22QualiTPosted 9/17/2013 4:53:27 AM
Gold.

It was the last game that I played when I was a kid and before i learned about competitive. I spent countless hundreds of hours playing it and loved every minute of it.

Nowadays, its like the games lack that feel of loveableness and closeness that I associated with my pokemon. Partly because im now an adult, but other because I see them as pokemon grouped into teirs and stuff.
---
All Things Require Sacrifice.
#23Kandar888Posted 9/17/2013 5:41:33 AM
R/B/Y. I had red. The only Pokemon game to this date where I could and did obtain all 151 pokemon. Gotta catch them all was why I started playing pokemon and the only reason I do.
#24SephirothtPosted 9/17/2013 5:45:02 AM
I'd say B2/W2

Anything before gen 4 I don't consider best cuz I like the Physical/Special split faaar too much, D/P was kinda meh and B/W is too linear imo for some reason. I just liked all the details and quality in B2/W2 but Platinum is a close second.

Although tbh, gen 6 will beat them all. :D
---
Officially faved Ninetales everywhere, http://i.imgur.com/KBiuUQl.png
"You saying I like dudes?"
#25fuzi11Posted 9/17/2013 5:45:53 AM
R/B/Y

I was at school back than. Everybody was playing it. If it wasn't through Pokemon I wouldn't have my best friend for over 15 years now. I was playing pokemon with both my brothers, I created pokemon quizzes and a complex boardgame which was essentially the GB game as a boardgame with a LOT of cards. I was super into the show and taped every episode. Me and all my classmates were in the middle of the hype.

So, yeah, Pokemon was at its best for me at Gen 1, not because of the game itself but the hype around it.
#26SammuthegreatPosted 9/17/2013 6:17:30 AM
Poll's a bit skewed - HG/SS were my favourites but I wasn't a big fan of D/P. So I can't really say that "overall" Gen IV was my favourite, even if that's what I answered in the poll.
#27SpikayaPosted 9/17/2013 6:21:58 AM
Crystal. I used to speedrun the Johto half of the game while somehow only using my starter Totodile in battles, and it was amazing. White 2 is really close, though.
---
Look at all of the Molerats, explode their faces, all of them! It's like Christmas, but with exploding heads! - Josh Jepson, Fallout 3
#28MM125Posted 9/17/2013 7:19:42 AM
SoulSilver. But I feel like X/Y will top it.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket