This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When they discontinued "Gotta Catch 'Em All"

#11OinotnaaaPosted 9/16/2013 5:06:37 PM
SoulBlayZ posted...
EnzanChaud posted...
I'm hoping that a combination of the prevalence of Nintendo Zones, StreetPass, SpotPass, Pokemon Bank, patching, dlc, and Nintendo coins, we can still have legit event Pokemon. I really believe they'll make it easier to catch all the Pokemon that aren't normally obtainable. Maybe we can swap wonder cards walking passed each other. I'm just hoping they have some in game events to make things more explorable, rather than having spots in the game that are going to go to waste because they decided there was no point in making an event available for whatever reason like in Generation IV.

didnt know this. what spot and game was it? o.o

I think platinum, and specifically the area where you could catch Arceus, the Hall of Origin.

They put the code for the Azure Flute in the game too, (the key to the aforementinoed spot) but never made/released an event for it
#12mnkboy907Posted 9/16/2013 5:12:44 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Hopefully this will mean it will be easier to "catch them all" now.

But it won't be.

It is in the sense that you can now use the GTS to search for Pokemon you haven't even seen yet. It's now theoretically possible to finish the Pokedex with just the GTS, unless event legendaries aren't part of it (but the game doesn't count them as requirements anyway).
---
http://i.imgur.com/q79lFGT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sYXvrdd.jpg
#13mnkboy907Posted 9/16/2013 5:15:20 PM
EnzanChaud posted...
I'm hoping that a combination of the prevalence of Nintendo Zones, StreetPass, SpotPass, Pokemon Bank, patching, dlc, and Nintendo coins, we can still have legit event Pokemon. I really believe they'll make it easier to catch all the Pokemon that aren't normally obtainable. Maybe we can swap wonder cards walking passed each other. I'm just hoping they have some in game events to make things more explorable, rather than having spots in the game that are going to go to waste because they decided there was no point in making an event available for whatever reason like in Generation IV.

I get the feeling the reason why they didn't do that in Gen V is because of people hacking in the items for the events before they were released. Obviously Victini in B/W was the exception, but they also made it available right from the release, meaning no chance to hack the Liberty Ticket in beforehand.

But you're definitely right that this time they can just add new areas in through patches or DLC.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ua00T9H.gif
http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png - Number of people that D'awwed: 75
#14CaptainRandom1Posted 9/16/2013 5:24:15 PM
Oinotnaaa posted...
SoulBlayZ posted...
EnzanChaud posted...

I think platinum, and specifically the area where you could catch Arceus, the Hall of Origin.

They put the code for the Azure Flute in the game too, (the key to the aforementinoed spot) but never made/released an event for it

Yeah that was the main reason I chose to skip Gen 5. I got sick of the perma-locked on cart DLC.
---
3DS FC 4253-3597-1691
#15javel34Posted 9/16/2013 5:25:24 PM
The cloud will make it 1,000 times easier.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 She would return every so often. Her lips tasted like tragedy, but he could never forget her. How could he when she was always near?
#16jakovuPosted 9/16/2013 5:26:14 PM
I don't know why it was their slogan in the first place. Hasn't winning the Pokémon league always been the main goal?
#17RayCRPPosted 9/16/2013 6:35:18 PM
Oinotnaaa posted...
SoulBlayZ posted...
EnzanChaud posted...

The inability to get to Faraway Island in areas outside of Japan ticked me off as well...
---
Masuda and me: http://imageshack.us/a/img89/3412/bnax.jpg