This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Chespin wont evolve into a part steel type and I have proof.

#1link_15Posted 9/16/2013 4:43:06 PM
You know why he wont become part steel? Its simple.

Because the evil team in this game is team flare. A team that specializes in fire pokemon.

Think about it. Why would game freak make one of the starters 4 times week to the evil team? That would basically make chespin useless against team flare and wouldn't be fair at all for the people who choose it. Starters are usually the heart of any team and the main powerhouse. All the people who rely on their starters to beat the game would be having a hell of a time with team flare if the flare's weakest fire move is able to ohko their grass/steel starter.

That's why chespin wont be grass/steel.
---
FC: 2921-9125-4259 Salem from Historia.
Dream Address: 4600-2133-5158 Visit me!
#2Great_ReapettePosted 9/16/2013 4:45:27 PM
link_15 posted...
Why would game freak make one of the starters 4 times week to the evil team?

Uh, because they're Game Freak?

also *weak
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#3MegaMettaurPosted 9/16/2013 4:46:19 PM
Nice source.
---
(PC): Skullgirls: Squigly <3 Steam ID: MegaMettaurX
(3DS): FC: 0834-1402-9867 - Mega Man Star Force 2 Zerker x Ninja, Contact, Mega Man Zero Collection
#4ThatOneButchPosted 9/16/2013 4:47:41 PM
That's not proof that's an assumption
---
3ds fc: 2578-3277-9352
AC:NL Name: Ryan / Town: New Leaf
#5LitehawkWingsPosted 9/16/2013 4:47:45 PM
Playing it pretty fast and loose with the word "proof."
#6Doctor_SpankyPosted 9/16/2013 4:49:18 PM
link_15 posted...
Because the evil team in this game is team flare. A team that specializes in fire pokemon.

Unconfirmed
#7tehkapiPosted 9/16/2013 4:50:48 PM
...?

Game Freak likes playing dirty, so yeah.
Even so, it doesn't exactly mean Chespin will be "useless" against them. Usually the team(s) use common, everyday Pokemon early in the game, Look at Team Aqua and Magma, they didn't use many special Pokemon until later on in the game, before that it was mostly common ones. Same with Team Rocket, etc.

Besides, it would be unfair against Fennekin and Froakie too, Froakie trainers would have the "best" experience, Fennekin trainers would be stuck to using other types of moves.
---
Official Chespin of GameFAQs! :3
No, I am not going to run, I am not going to hide, I am going to take a stand and fight!
#8Rodimus_PrimePosted 9/16/2013 4:51:46 PM
Remember all of those plasma pokemon we had to deal with in B&W? Yeah, me neither.
---
"Yeah, they're in the game. But if you don't buy them, you can't play as them. Why? Because F*** YOU GIVE ME MONEY!"-Angry Joe
#9rocky505Posted 9/16/2013 4:54:50 PM
I have proof Charmander won't be pure fire once it evolves into Charmeleon. Because it is weak against Rock and Water(The first 2 gyms).

They can make it part steel. It would just be them telling you not to be lazy and catch some other Pokemon for assistance.
#10Shadow Flare13Posted 9/16/2013 5:05:03 PM
I don't think they care about that seeing as Chikorita got murdered by almost every gym in Gen II AND there was Team Rocket who tended to specialize in Poison types.

In fact, there tend to be an overabundance of Pokemon that are strong against Grass types being used by the evil Teams each gen whereas they hardly have any that are SE against Fire or Water.