This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Chespin wont evolve into a part steel type and I have proof.

#31jayman7Posted 9/16/2013 11:21:54 PM
Topic post isn't proof of squat, but I can say that it doesn't look like Chespin will evolve into a Steel-type, and I have evidence: http://pokebeach.com/2013/06/pokebeach-x-y-rumor-roundup-and-clarifications
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#32Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 9/16/2013 11:42:19 PM
TC, let me fill you in on a little something. Choosing the Grass type starter has always been the "Hard" mode. And, if Chespin's final evo does in fact turn Grass/Steel, that's what you would call "Insane". Got it?
---
http://i.imgur.com/EOXWVm0.jpg Do you wanna be cool?
Join the Reservoir Dragons! Support Draceon
for 2013!
#33Nado6Posted 9/16/2013 11:44:11 PM
Sceptile Team Magma /topic
#34Chaos_MissilePosted 9/16/2013 11:55:09 PM
link_15 posted...
You know why he wont become part steel? Its simple.

Because the evil team in this game is team flare. A team that specializes in fire pokemon.

Think about it. Why would game freak make one of the starters 4 times week to the evil team? That would basically make chespin useless against team flare and wouldn't be fair at all for the people who choose it. Starters are usually the heart of any team and the main powerhouse. All the people who rely on their starters to beat the game would be having a hell of a time with team flare if the flare's weakest fire move is able to ohko their grass/steel starter.

That's why chespin wont be grass/steel.

I thought about it:-
- one of Cyrus's 2 signature mon is Sneasel, which then evolved into Weavile
- Weavile is Dark/Ice
- guess who's 4x weak to ice: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Torterra_(Pok%C3%A9mon)
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#35scitch1Posted 9/17/2013 12:15:00 AM
chespin is shown to learn mud shot and most likely some other grounds moves haha fire types will be wasted by ground moves , thats what pokemon is about with battling , putting moves on your pokemon to counter weakness

go away kid
---
Signature
#36eclipse_exePosted 9/17/2013 12:25:39 AM
err.. you do realise that if he does become grass/steel it won't be till he fully evolves right? by that point you should have your kanto starter (assuming that you'll need to meet the professor for the pokedex) or at least have a decent rock/ground type tm to teach him, making fire types easy pickings as long as they aren't also flying types.

and even if that fails you're practically guaranteed to have at least one decently level'd ground or rock type seeing that game freak loves to flood caves with them.
---
psn: supersoniccd
White 2 FC: 051967901419
#37GensokyoPosted 9/17/2013 12:49:04 AM
TC has no idea what the word proof actually means.
#38MoonLightCloudPosted 9/17/2013 1:19:12 AM
Sloth9230 posted...
MoonLightCloud posted...
Great_Reapette posted...
tehkapi posted...
paipr posted...
The norm being that often times grass is the "easy" mode since many early gyms have been weak to grass attacks.

IT IS?!

I always kinda thought using the Grass starter is like a "hard mode" of sorts... I always thought it was easier going through with the Fire type...

Bulbasaur was Kanto's easy mode, at least, being weak to, what? Two gyms and one E4 member?

I'm pretty sure Squirtle is R/B's easy mode.

Nope, it's Bulbasaur. All you have to worry about are Blaine, Sabrina, Lance and Lorlei, and by then you should be pretty overleveled

And who does Squirtle have to worry about? Lt. Surge gets beat by Dig alone.
#39Skull_proPosted 9/17/2013 1:24:38 AM
TC, Treecko and Torchic would like a word with you.
---
Arguing with TC is like playing chess with a pigeon: The pigeon craps on the table, knocks over your king, and flies away, declaring victory.