This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The concept of "Mega-Evolutions" seems cool at first...

#21lloyd0117Posted 9/16/2013 10:51:16 PM
alot of us want a pokemon world where all pokemon are usable in the same tier competitively... (except maby the legendaries)
---
"when I'm in the process of doing something, I do it not because I think it's worth doing, but because I'm trying to MAKE it worth doing."
#22Master XPosted 9/16/2013 10:56:21 PM
MegaMettaur posted...
The thing I hate the most about this is the fact that pokemon like zangoose and absol who needed regular evos, get megalutions. So it probably means they won't get normal evos at all.

I agree with this. Any Pokemon who's not got their full list of evolution forms (3) that just got a Mega are pretty much guaranteed not to ever get another normal evolution, since it would mean redesigning their Mega form, too.
---
GAMERTAG: Casperstar X "For those of you wondering whether the above made sense, you've just answered your own question."
#23Sloth9230Posted 9/16/2013 11:01:14 PM
Master X posted...
MegaMettaur posted...
The thing I hate the most about this is the fact that pokemon like zangoose and absol who needed regular evos, get megalutions. So it probably means they won't get normal evos at all.

I agree with this. Any Pokemon who's not got their full list of evolution forms (3) that just got a Mega are pretty much guaranteed not to ever get another normal evolution, since it would mean redesigning their Mega form, too.

Guys, it's been 6 generations and like 15 years... Farfetched was born to suck. So was Mawile, Raticate, and even Absol.
#24DLOArceusPosted 9/17/2013 2:58:45 AM
Master X posted...
MegaMettaur posted...

Or or or, you know, they could make the evolution specialize in something else.
---
What do i have to do to set the language to English? because my game is in Japanese - joetendo69
3DS: 4983-5126-3707
#25kaliskonigPosted 9/17/2013 5:01:18 AM
This is why mega evos are a lazy idea IMO. I guess it sucks more because the fans come p with all these awesome ideas but game freak always comes up with these crap designs and half assed ideas. I wish game freak would listen to the fans more at this point tbh. They are not that type of company though. Until a generation flops that won't change.
#26snuffles504Posted 9/17/2013 5:58:02 AM
Gameorama91 posted...
Did ya'll ever think that, maybe if they didn't give some of these pokemon a Mega...then they would end up getting nothing at all? Not every single pokemon needs to have an evolution. Single stage pokemon have always been around, and it adds variety and a bit of charm to the world, that there are so many different creatures, some can change, and some don't. A mega-evolution to a single stage pokemon should be counted as possibly the only time they will be altered, not that it's holding it back. idk about you guys, but imagining Absol evolving is kinda weird to me, him and quite a few other pokemon just...feel right as single stage pokemon. Having them have a mid-battle boost though, that helps them be more useful in battles.

---
Official Rinzler of the Kingdom Hearts III Board
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#27Sloth9230Posted 9/17/2013 6:01:29 AM
kaliskonig posted...
This is why mega evos are a lazy idea IMO. I guess it sucks more because the fans come p with all these awesome ideas but game freak always comes up with these crap designs and half assed ideas. I wish game freak would listen to the fans more at this point tbh. They are not that type of company though. Until a generation flops that won't change.

lol, the game would be a POS if they listened to every one of us.
#28kaliskonigPosted 9/17/2013 1:59:37 PM
Sloth9230 posted...
kaliskonig posted...

lol, the game would be a POS if they listened to every one of us.

No not all the fans. They need to take some things into account and not become capcom of today. Like have contests telling people to design evolutions or specific pokemon to be featured. Surveys about what features we like and want. Just something
#29Sticky_DerpPosted 9/17/2013 3:10:42 PM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
actual 4th stage evolutions would be broken

No they wouldn't. I would love them.

They could just add items that buff stats for Pokemon based on evolution stage as well as progression.
As it is they have progression based items that buff stats [eviolite], now they just need some based on stage [i.e. 1st stage = base/baby, 2nd stage = first evolution, 3rd stage = second evolution, 4th stage = a true evolution instead of mega evolution]. They could even make a fifth stage for "baby" pokemon specifically [magby/elekid/etc], which would bump everything else up a stage.

Just give higher increases to lower stages, and holy crap, suddenly every Pokemon could potentially be viable even without being fully evolved.

Mega Evolutions are a neat idea, though. It'd be better if they were just forme changes that occurred mid-battle though, with more minor changes than the current mega evolutions.

Because, let's face it, I'm sure we all have at least one Mega Evolution that we'd like to be permanent [design wise, at least].
---
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89