This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

After seeing so many people complain about each region having new legendaries...

#1uberking422Posted 9/16/2013 8:44:01 PM
...I'm beginning to think they have the right idea. Why should different parts of the world have different myths, legends, and Gods? That's dumb! Mew and the original three legendary birds should be the only mythical creatures in the Pokemon universe! Kanto came first, at least from my perspective, so all those other stupid regions should accept Mewandbirdsanism as the one true religion! In fact, in the spirit of such a revolutionary mindset, I've also decided that the Greek pantheon is the only set of deities that should receive any form of acknowledgement. Buddha? Jesus? Whatever Japan believes in? Get that weak mess outta here!
#2Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 9/16/2013 8:45:44 PM
FICTIONAL SERIES

/topic
---
http://i.imgur.com/EOXWVm0.jpg Do you wanna be cool?
Join the Reservoir Dragons! Support Draceon
for 2013!
#3Doctor_SpankyPosted 9/16/2013 8:46:23 PM
good point teecee
#4KeyserVancePosted 9/16/2013 8:49:06 PM
I understand TC's elaborate sarcastic ruse, but it doesn't really tell me much except that they desire more legendaries. Is that it?
---
Diamond Friend Code - KEYSER, 2921 9164 8828
SoulSilver Friend Code - KEYSER, 1634 6957 5881
#5uberking422(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 9:26:23 PM
KeyserVance posted...
I understand TC's elaborate sarcastic ruse, but it doesn't really tell me much except that they desire more legendaries. Is that it?

I just felt like making a sarcastic joke topic, and had seen enough people voice such opinions that I thought I would lampoon them in such a manner. Tune in next week for "They should stop making Pokemon of animals that they've already used! Why can't Pokemon be like real life, where there's only one kind of dog, and one kind of lion, and one kind of worm, and one kind of frog, and one kind of fish, and one kind of pig, and one kind of..."
#6NordiniPosted 9/16/2013 9:34:17 PM(edited)
The problem is that the newer legendaries are just plain dumb or are ridiculous. Let's start churning out pokemon that govern time and space? And let's just throw in one that is the creator of the Universe?

Not only is that ridiculous, but it just completely belittles all the other legendaries which is insulting to the classics like Mew/Mewtwo and the birds. The birds are just completely irrelevant compared to the incredible power of the newer legendaries.

---
Gentlemen understand that embezzlement, insider trading, tax fraud, and similar activities are not crimes. Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#7uberking422(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 9:57:16 PM
Nordini posted...
The problem is that the newer legendaries are just plain dumb or are ridiculous. Let's start churning out pokemon that govern time and space? And let's just throw in one that is the creator of the Universe?

Not only is that ridiculous, but it just completely belittles all the other legendaries which is insulting to the classics like Mew/Mewtwo and the birds. The birds are just completely irrelevant compared to the incredible power of the newer legendaries.

I know, right? What were the Christians thinking with their one omnipotent "God"? He's a complete insult to the Greek pantheon, he's a total Mary Sue, and could they BE any more unoriginal with his name and design?
#8furygodsPosted 9/16/2013 10:02:08 PM
The Olympians were more powerful than the Christian Gods and Angels.

Few can stand up to their might.
---
With courage comes glory. With glory comes immortality.
#9uberking422(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 10:14:04 PM
furygods posted...
The Olympians were more powerful than the Christian Gods and Angels.

Few can stand up to their might.

Yeah, but then Religion Freak had to ruin it by making Holy type immune to Olympian attacks...
#10uberking422(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 11:10:14 PM
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
FICTIONAL SERIES

/topic

I simply enjoy comparing the "logic" some people bolster their arguments with with that of the real world, even if it isn't always a perfect comparison.