This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

After seeing so many people complain about each region having new legendaries...

#21MeepleLardiclePosted 9/17/2013 5:02:17 AM
Actually, Pokemon making new legendaries each Generation lends itself to a unique form of world building. Since Gamefreak wasn't afraid to make legendaries on the level of the Sinnoh Trio, we now have an actual snapshot of the history of the Pokemon World. We know a lot more about Pokemon's world than you think, both on a metaphysical level due to stuff like Arceus and the Sinnoh Trio, and on a more historical, scientific level.

Case in point, the prehistoric Kyogre/Groudon's battle? It's basically Pokemon's version of the Pangea theory, an actual scientific claim, once you think about it.
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!
#22EmeraldRangePosted 9/17/2013 5:25:41 AM
I dont have problems with new legendaries, I have problems with having a ton of event legendaries that are just invented for no reason. I personally felt like the gen one legends were the best because they didnt get in my way. I could advance to the end of the storyline without having to fight or see or deal with those annoying legendaries.

In Emerald, at one point I saw Latios when I wasn't trying to find it and I just made it faint.

BTW, TC
uberking422 posted...
In fact, in the spirit of such a revolutionary mindset, I've also decided that the Greek pantheon is the only set of deities that should receive any form of acknowledgement.

Why the Greek gods? If you want the true gen one of reality, go to Ancient Egypt or The Fertile Crescent. Their gods should be the trye set of deities according to your logic, am I right?
---
Don't read this sentence.
#23MeepleLardiclePosted 9/17/2013 5:31:00 AM
I dont have problems with new legendaries, I have problems with having a ton of event legendaries that are just invented for no reason. I personally felt like the gen one legends were the best because they didnt get in my way. I could advance to the end of the storyline without having to fight or see or deal with those annoying legendaries.

Yeah, I kind of agree. They keep on making certain Pokemon promotional for the sake of making them promotional.

Hoping XY doesn't go much beyond the token 600 BST, 100 in every stat, cute legendary ala Mew, Celebi, Victini, etc.
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!
#24NordiniPosted 9/17/2013 4:08:05 PM
The sarcasm and satire in this topic don't work because the Pokemon world is nothing like the real world.

These aren't "myths or legends" behind these pokemon. This is the actual history of the Pokemon world. If it was a myth or a religion that would make sense. But these pokemon literally control time/space / created he universe. which is stupid
---
Gentlemen understand that embezzlement, insider trading, tax fraud, and similar activities are not crimes. Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#25Sloth9230Posted 9/17/2013 4:15:04 PM
Nordini posted...
The sarcasm and satire in this topic don't work because the Pokemon world is nothing like the real world.

These aren't "myths or legends" behind these pokemon. This is the actual history of the Pokemon world. If it was a myth or a religion that would make sense. But these pokemon literally control time/space / created he universe. which is stupid

Sloth9230 posted...
Have these complainers ever considered that maybe these myths are just exaggerations? Kyogre and Groudon can control global climate? I doubt it. Can they control the climate in Hoenn? Possibly.

How can you prove that they aren't myths? Just because an NPC tells you so?