This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody tired of the standard Pokemon game sounds?

#1jedinatPosted 9/16/2013 10:05:24 PM
The spiraling scale for every encounter... the beep whenever you select something... the samey background music remixes... the pokeball sounds... the trumpeting winners' anthem... and worst of all, that damn pokecenter healing theme.

I was just trying White 2 and the sounds were all just a bit too familiar.

I hope X/Y maybe mixes things up a bit more.
#2LightningHawk90Posted 9/16/2013 10:05:53 PM
Nope.
---
Formerly RageKaiser. Still here to ruin unfunny topics :)
#3FuneralCakePosted 9/16/2013 10:07:42 PM
Good call. Let's take away iconic things from the game just because one person doesn't like it. That should make everyone happy.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
http://i.minus.com/ibeTNBZS1C6k9v.gif
#4tehkapiPosted 9/16/2013 10:10:25 PM
No reason to fix something that's not broken, eh?

It really doesn't get annoying unless you plan on playing in the menu system, and even then, they switch things up every so often, HG/SS had different sounds for some menus, Gen 5 had different sounds for Yes/No options, back, etc.

Actually, what's more annoying to me is lack of consistency. Sometimes they use the classic "bwring!" noise where it shouldn't be used in B2/W2. It's almost like D/P/Pt's way of sometimes using the touch screen for selection, and other times relying on the buttons.
---
Official Chespin of GameFAQs! :3
No, I am not going to run, I am not going to hide, I am going to take a stand and fight!
#5SpikeTbearPosted 9/16/2013 10:18:35 PM
I looked back at my old Blue. The sound effects were screechy, ear bleeding beeps and scratches. Now the sounds are more streamlined and modern so they are easy on the ears. They include some of the old beeps and boops for nostalgia, and that's perfectly fine with me. While the new music is pleasant and the new graphics are awesome, I actually prefer the simplistic black and white with the limited musical instrumentation of the ole' fat brick Game Boy. And I like my yellow electric mice saying "BLEEEEEAAAUUUGGGGH!" instead of "Pika!"
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#6Xenesis XenonPosted 9/16/2013 10:21:27 PM
I wish Game Freak used the updated pokemon cries for Pokemon Stadium 1/2 that they designed for the original 250 pokemon in Gen3+.

They all sound so janky and out of place compared to the sound effects for all the newer generation pokemon.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#7nro87Posted 9/16/2013 10:23:18 PM
Nope, I haven't heard a single bit of sound from a Pokémon game since G/S/C, excluding the GCN/Wii games.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#8FuneralCakePosted 9/16/2013 10:23:36 PM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
I wish Game Freak used the updated pokemon cries for Pokemon Stadium 1/2 that they designed for the original 250 pokemon in Gen3+.

They all sound so janky and out of place compared to the sound effects for all the newer generation pokemon.

The older cries are being updated, though not exactly the same as the Stadium cries. They're basically going to sound like the old cries, only not so 8-bit like.

Granted, some of the Stadium cries were cool, but others were kinda bad.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
http://i.minus.com/ibeTNBZS1C6k9v.gif
#9robinhoekPosted 9/16/2013 10:25:32 PM
Nah I love the sound of Pokemon. It's so iconic much like Mario and Zelda sounds.
#10uberking422Posted 9/16/2013 10:25:41 PM
It's that kind of talk that lead to Final Fantasy XIII. Let's not go down that hallway...