This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

remember in the red and blue days when..

#31raikou68Posted 9/17/2013 3:37:34 AM
I remember this kid told me if i used a water stone on pikachu, it would evolve into pikablu.

This other one told me pikablu was a god pokemon.
#32FinalFantazyv2(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 4:44:09 AM
sabeta_sama posted...
Remember the days when 20-somethings didn't whine about kids not remembering things from when they were kids? Young adults might have no clue what I'm talking about.

I wasn't aware I was complaining. How can I complain about someone not being old enough to experience something? That's not their fault. I'm a grown adult I've got better things to do then act like an ass on the internet.
---
Oh. Well. Alright.
#33EstheimasterPosted 9/17/2013 4:48:19 AM
Talk to the game corner lady long enough and she'll give you Pikablu.

Also, of you throw a Great Ball and then hold B until it opens up, it's a 99% catch rate.
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#34HoundoomedPosted 9/17/2013 4:49:53 AM
sabeta_sama posted...
Remember the days when 20-somethings didn't whine about kids not remembering things from when they were kids? Young adults might have no clue what I'm talking about.

Remember the days when people didn't whine about other people whining and didn't take everything as whining all the time?
---
Dot dot dot
. . .
#35SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 9/17/2013 4:55:14 AM
Arne83 posted...
There were was a "PokéGod" you could catch and a way to make your starter evolve a third time. Looking back, it was really ridiculous... there's no way those things could ever happen.

Wait...

Haha, I appreciate the irony.

Yeah, I remember the mew truck. I traded for a bellsprout with cut in order to avoid having the ss.anne leave.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#36FinalFantazyv2(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 4:56:56 AM
The pokeball capture method has many different ways of working I see. Someone earlier said it was moronic but if anything its an old habit that's hard to break. I know it doesn't do anything to hold buttons when capturing Pokemon but I swear it makes me feel more confident about my success rate. It may just be luck and superstition but when I obtain the rarer Pokemon each generation it always feels like it helps.
---
Oh. Well. Alright.
#37McTCMPosted 9/17/2013 5:20:47 AM
CM_PLUNGE posted...
sabeta_sama posted...

How is people being nostalgic about their past whining? I didn't see a single person whine here.

I did see someone whine
Sabeta.
---
~Pokemon~
FC:2537 8652 0098
#38WaenosPosted 9/17/2013 5:25:13 AM
Though I do believe that the button holding actually worked.
Or at least when I pressed LEFT + B or something like that, I can't remember what it was exactly anymore, I had a 100% capture rate. I caught dozens of Mewtwos, Articunos, Zapdoses and Moltreses without a single failure, at full health, using that method.
If the method didn't work... Well, I experienced something with a REALLY low probability. To me, it wasn't a 'rumor', but rather a fact that I myself had confirmed. Of course, there is the chance that it was all just a chain of very unlikely coincidences. I don't do it anymore, of course, since it hasn't worked after Generation I.

But yeah, I remember the Mew-under-the-truck thing, too. Good times, good times, when mysteries still existed.
---
"Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time."
#39RoleOfGSHCPosted 9/17/2013 5:48:12 AM
Actually, young kids do no. With many of the youtube pokemon profs showcasing pokemon history and fandom, pretty much everyone knows by now.

Though, I wonder how many of them heard of the variant where you had to have 100 hours of playtime as well? I fell for that one.
---
There is more than just Good and Evil, Light and Dark, Black and White. There's a myriad of colors that you won't see if you look at the world in two extremes.