This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mewtwo availability

#1raymondsmith15Posted 9/16/2013 11:32:46 PM
With Mewtwo's promotion prior to the release of this game, coupled with his new "form changes". I'd say it's safe to assume that Mewtwo will be available for capture at some point in this game.

That being said, the question I pose is, when?

In RBY (FR/LG) he was, for all intents and purposes, the 'final' Pokemon. Only being accessible after defeating the game.

Is it likely that he could be available before the E4 (of course assuming there is an E4) at a lower level than we've previously been able to encounter him at? Sure it would mean that the E4 would need to be buff to pose a challenge to a line-up containing Mewtwo.... But man would that be fun.

Fun speculation, thoughts, dream-crushing comments anyone?
---
Ray
#2beebarbPosted 9/16/2013 11:34:59 PM
It's possible that only the Mega stone for each version will be available in game, and we have to transfer a Mewtwo when the Pokemon Bank becomes available.
---
Experience beats bias, but words on the Internet are meaningless.
3DS XL FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 0047-4149-5185 / White FC: 0348-0626-6780
#3CharizardFirePosted 9/16/2013 11:35:29 PM
Do we really need the Elite 4 to pose a challenge to a trainer that got Mewtwo? Rayquaza destroys Emerald's Elite 4, and you can get it before getting the Rain Badge.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#4StreethawkePosted 9/16/2013 11:37:23 PM
Almost 100% positive he'll be in the postgame.
---
Flight is freedom. Break the sky.
#5hellzyaaahhhhhhPosted 9/16/2013 11:43:58 PM
CharizardFire posted...
Do we really need the Elite 4 to pose a challenge to a trainer that got Mewtwo? Rayquaza destroys Emerald's Elite 4, and you can get it before getting the Rain Badge.

not that it matters anymore...

new games
(easy,normal,hard modes) unlock needed for easy/hard mode but easy fix seeing

event pokemon... there flooding event lv100 pokemon
whats that cant pick it up at gamestop? last few events hold gamestop.
(or corresponding store for area) followed up by a wifi release for everyone...

Genesect was over powered for a lv15 event pokemon did test play on one copy
Genesect basically beat the whole game...seeing he was superpowered with all the beam attacks..

cant get event pokemon? no wifi?
no problem... you dont need the pokedex to trade so bring over your lv10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,100 pokemon teams
---
owns all game systems... equal feelings about all of them...
its the games i tend to take favor to o.O
#6raymondsmith15(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 2:03:55 PM
CharizardFire posted...

Agreed. Think it's time we got a Level 35 Mewtwo to pwn with.
---
Ray
#7mustardpi314Posted 9/17/2013 2:10:35 PM
i hope it's postgame.
but there's a chance he's involved with the plot, maybe the mediator of Xerneas amd Yveltal (like Rayquaza was to Groudon and Kyogre)
---
Official Ninetales of the Pokemon X and Y boards
Now playing SSB games, SSF4AE, and other random stuff.
#8raymondsmith15(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 2:34:19 PM
mustardpi314 posted...
i hope it's postgame.
but there's a chance he's involved with the plot, maybe the mediator of Xerneas amd Yveltal (like Rayquaza was to Groudon and Kyogre)

That's what I was thinking. Especially since the "Leader" of the trio remains unreleased. It would be a good move by Gamefreak.
---
Ray
#9Rodimus_PrimePosted 9/17/2013 2:48:04 PM
beebarb posted...
It's possible that only the Mega stone for each version will be available in game, and we have to transfer a Mewtwo when the Pokemon Bank becomes available.

That would be utter crap if that were true. Especially considering how much promotion Mewtwo has been receiving.
---
"Yeah, they're in the game. But if you don't buy them, you can't play as them. Why? Because F*** YOU GIVE ME MONEY!"-Angry Joe
#10SorrowOfAcheronPosted 9/17/2013 2:54:14 PM
Were Rayquaza/Giratina shown before Ruby/Sapphire & Diamond/Pearl came out?
---
GamerTag: SorrowOfAcheron
Roy (Awakening DLC appearance & unique moveset) and Matthew & Sveta (Golden Sun) for Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS