This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are Flying attacks SE against Fighting pokemon?

#1IminyourclosetPosted 9/17/2013 2:16:06 AM
Most type vulnerabilities are obvious, the rest can usually be figured out, but this one I never got. Why would Gust or Wing Attack do normal damage to a Raticate but double damage to a Machoke?
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#2Skul_Posted 9/17/2013 2:16:36 AM
Try to beat up a bird with your fists.

Itl swoop you and youll be completely ineffective.
---
Alex, I'm trying to start a troll topic. Stop destroying my credibility here. - hypersonic2000
#3Twilight_SonataPosted 9/17/2013 2:18:09 AM(edited)
Have you ever tried to punch a bird?

http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=081610
#4Iminyourcloset(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 2:17:31 AM
Yes, that would explain why FIghting attacks are not very effective against Flying pokemon, but that's not what I asked.
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#5LightningAce11Posted 9/17/2013 2:18:25 AM
Flying types have the
*sunglasses*
Upper hand
---
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma
#6Skull_proPosted 9/17/2013 2:19:18 AM
LightningAce11 posted...
Flying types have the
*sunglasses*
Upper hand

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
---
Arguing with TC is like playing chess with a pigeon: The pigeon craps on the table, knocks over your king, and flies away, declaring victory.
#7Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 9/17/2013 2:25:15 AM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Have you ever tried to punch a bird?

Not punch, but I've hit quite a few tbh.
This was around maybe 3-4 years ago when I would walk to the bus stop every morning for school and there were these birds who hung around the top of this post line where I pass by. They then would always swoop down and always try to peck my head...scary little cretins. But one day as I was trying to run away from them..I looked back and as one bird was about to peck my head, I held the folder I was holding firmly and smacked that little b**** against the pavement wall. And no, I didn't bury it...I left it there for dead. (The other birds have disappeared though)
---
http://i.imgur.com/EOXWVm0.jpg Do you wanna be cool?
Join the Reservoir Dragons! Support Draceon
for 2013!
#8MoonLightCloudPosted 9/17/2013 2:28:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wySFpiXzpkc
#9primusninePosted 9/17/2013 2:28:52 AM
Because in any fight you want the high ground.

In this case, the high ground belongs to the flyers.
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#10darkwing1232Posted 9/17/2013 2:30:16 AM
It has probably has to do with "death from above" in which the opponent who has the higher ground has the upper hand in a fight and no one gets higher than flying types.