This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are Flying attacks SE against Fighting pokemon?

#31Twilight_SonataPosted 9/17/2013 4:02:03 AM
scitch1 posted...
Besides that something that can fly clearly has an advantage over something that its grounded

Yeah, but the question is then why Flying doesn't have that exact same type advantage against Normal.
#32swordsman126Posted 9/17/2013 4:19:22 AM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
scitch1 posted...
Besides that something that can fly clearly has an advantage over something that its grounded

Yeah, but the question is then why Flying doesn't have that exact same type advantage against Normal.

Because Normal doesn't need another weakness. Honestly it all comes down to an attempt at balance.
---
Currently playing SMT4, MH3U, FE:A and eagerly awaiting Pokemon X
Remember kids, there's no kill like overkill.
#33ManuKesnaPosted 9/17/2013 4:28:43 AM
Already been answered, tc just dont want to see it and use the "lol that is for every type" excuse which doesnt even make sense and he doesnt explain why
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna 3DS FC: 4468 - 2328 - 5925
GT: ManuKesna
#34CA0001Posted 9/17/2013 4:32:11 AM
ManuKesna posted...
Already been answered, tc just dont want to see it and use the "lol that is for every type" excuse which doesnt even make sense and he doesnt explain why

If you say the answer is the "flying is above all and has upper hand" hypothesis, it is a weak argument because if that's the case flying should be strong against all types, not just nitpicking a few.
---
FC: 0518 8972 2483 (Black) 0046 9893 2351 (White2)
#35Iminyourcloset(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 4:43:06 AM
ManuKesna posted...

What was the answer then?
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#36naruko243Posted 9/17/2013 4:52:01 AM
Granted you probably wont listen anyway but

Fighting cant hit flying due to most of the attacks being close range meaning that flying will almost always have the upper hand, no other type is primarily close range which is why this doesnt apply to other types.

Flying or wind based attacks are not only invisible but also intangible and since most fighters rely on their eyes to attack or dodge an attack such as gust or perhaps aeroblast as you said would be hard to avoid and would leave them open. this is the same case as to why fighting is weak to psychic and fairy now. and before you throw peck out there they cant just make certain moves supereffective while others of the same type are not. Other types usually have some method of making that wind more visible or avoidable whether it be using fire/water/etc to see where the wind blows or simply being/creating a wall that wind cant harm (rock,steel)
---
Psn: LunarReaper Pokemon Black Fc: 4385 0099 5107
#37Iminyourcloset(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 5:00:06 AM
Don't know why you felt the need to explain yet again why fighting attacks are NVE against flying pokemon. Everyone here was aware of this before I made the topic yet people keep feeling smart from pointing it out.

And your point is that it's because the wind attacks are invisible, and thus can't be blocked or countered like normal attacks? I guess that could be it, but isn't Faint Attack a move where you turn invisible and run up and smack your opponent? Wouldn't that have the same logic, and yet is NVE against Fighting?

In fact most dark attacks involve that kind of unfair hit, and yet those aren't effective against fighting.
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#38FinalFantazyv2Posted 9/17/2013 5:02:12 AM
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Have you ever tried to punch a bird?

Not punch, but I've hit quite a few tbh.
This was around maybe 3-4 years ago when I would walk to the bus stop every morning for school and there were these birds who hung around the top of this post line where I pass by. They then would always swoop down and always try to peck my head...scary little cretins. But one day as I was trying to run away from them..I looked back and as one bird was about to peck my head, I held the folder I was holding firmly and smacked that little b**** against the pavement wall. And no, I didn't bury it...I left it there for dead. (The other birds have disappeared though)

Lol. Left him as warning to all his little birdy friends.
---
Oh. Well. Alright.
#39naruko243Posted 9/17/2013 5:08:52 AM
Iminyourcloset posted...
Don't know why you felt the need to explain yet again why fighting attacks are NVE against flying pokemon. Everyone here was aware of this before I made the topic yet people keep feeling smart from pointing it out.

And your point is that it's because the wind attacks are invisible, and thus can't be blocked or countered like normal attacks? I guess that could be it, but isn't Faint Attack a move where you turn invisible and run up and smack your opponent? Wouldn't that have the same logic, and yet is NVE against Fighting?

In fact most dark attacks involve that kind of unfair hit, and yet those aren't effective against fighting.

like i said one move cant be supereffective while the others of a same type are not. Faint attacks is also a physical attack and dark type or evil type in japan is the direct opposite of fighting or justice which is known to always prevail. that is why faint attack still doesn't do extra damage. dark type cant hit because it is the nature of justice to prevail against the odds.
---
Psn: LunarReaper Pokemon Black Fc: 4385 0099 5107
#40FinalFantazyv2Posted 9/17/2013 5:11:06 AM
CA0001 posted...
A Fighting type can take whole karate chops, tackles and receive normal damage, they even resist powerful biting attacks, but they can't take a tiny peck.

It doesn't make sense indeed.

Speed has as much importance in fighting as does power. A smaller opponent can take a larger one if he is quicker and avoids the more powerful opponent and a tiny Peck can be effective depending on location. You can't build up your eyes to be strong. Plus some birds are large powerful creatures. For example falcons, hawks, and eagles are birds that would definitely mess some humans up regardless of strong they are.

All in all though its just to have effective type balances in the game.
---
Oh. Well. Alright.