This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A few reasons that heavily support Grass/Dark and Water/Fighting.

#1SNRGTCgamerPosted 9/17/2013 9:07:45 AM
For Chespin:

"A defense that all species of hedgehogs possess is the ability to roll into a tight ball, causing all of the spines to point outwards."

A reason for Rollout.

"Hedgehogs are primarily nocturnal , although, depending on the species, they may be more or less active during the day. The hedgehog sleeps for a large portion of the daytime either under cover of bush, grass, rock or in a hole in the ground. Again, different species can have slightly different habits, but in general hedgehogs dig dens for shelter."

Keyword: primarily. This strongly implies a characteristic of a Dark-type. Also, it can digs dens to sleep underground which is a reason for Mud Shot.

"Hedgehogs have some natural immunity against snake venom."

This one stumps me. In Pokémon, Grass is weak to Poison. Maybe it has Immunity as an alternate ability.

The PokéDex entry for Quilladin states it is a gentle Pokémon that avoids battle, a characteristic extremely unbefitting of a Fighting-type.
#2SNRGTCgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 9:09:48 AM
For Froakie:

"As the name implies, tree frogs are typically found in very tall trees or other high-growing vegetation. They do not normally descend to the ground, except to mate and spawn, though some build foam nests on leaves and rarely leave the trees at all as adults."

Froakie evolution line is based on a tree frog and we already know the white stuff around Froakie and Frogadier's neck is bubble.

"Tree frogs are usually tiny, as their weight has to be carried by the branches and twigs in their habitats."

That explains why Frogadier is the smallest.

Frogadier's PokéDex entry states it is a strong Pokémon with stronger developed legs for jumping. I can definitely see it learning and using moves like Jump Kick and Hi Jump Kick for fighting.
#3bakkahentai8600Posted 9/17/2013 9:10:04 AM
A peaceful creature makes sense to be Fighting actually.
---
Previously the_sage2600
I'm baaaacccckkkkk
#4FenriLokiPosted 9/17/2013 9:13:14 AM
SNRGTCgamer posted...
For Chespin:

The PokéDex entry for Quilladin states it is a gentle Pokémon that avoids battle, a characteristic extremely unbefitting of a Fighting-type.

How? And Quilladin isn't fighting, so it makes sense for Quilladin, a pure grass. Its evolution might do a personality 180. Or, you know; it practices fighting for defense or meditation.
---
The official Megami Tensei Art Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board. Why? Why not? Because. Maybe. Exactly. My hair is bigger than you.
#5SNRGTCgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 9:17:44 AM
FenriLoki posted...
SNRGTCgamer posted...
For Chespin:

How? And Quilladin isn't fighting, so it makes sense for Quilladin, a pure grass. Its evolution might do a personality 180. Or, you know; it practices fighting for defense or meditation.

Hedgehogs in general flee when they are in danger. That, or they roll up.
#6Ari917Posted 9/17/2013 9:18:29 AM
FenriLoki posted...
SNRGTCgamer posted...
For Chespin:

To be fair, the same argument can be made for Grass/Dark as its personality can do a 180 there. Or even potentially take cues from Absol or Pangoro and have it be a well meaning Pokemon with Dark elements to it.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#7tyranitartyranyPosted 9/17/2013 9:19:59 AM
I like your reasoning. But sometimes we just get weird pokemon. Like a grass/dark cactus or a ghost/fire chandelier. I'm hoping for fire/psychic, water/fighting, and grass/dark though so we'll see I guess.
---
Currently playing: Mass Effect 2, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, The Last of Us, Kingdom Hearts: 3D
#8SNRGTCgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 9:23:02 AM
Quilladin evolving and gaining a Dark-type doesn't have to make it an evil mannered Pokemon. Like I posted, hedgehogs are primarily nocturnal. I also haven't outright said no to Fighting. I'm just saying I believe Dark more.
#9Firelion6593Posted 9/17/2013 9:25:07 AM
Pangoro is a Dark type whose schtick is protecting the weak. It's just kind of an angry Pokemon.

Quilladin could evolve in a Grass/Dark type. We don't know for sure yet.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#10MetleonPosted 9/17/2013 9:30:31 AM
ITT: Nocturnal=Dark-type. I don't think Noctowl or Quagsire even learn any Dark moves outside of Hidden Power.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.