This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Distinct gym leader pokemon

#11airsoft246(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 9:28:41 PM
I also wouldn't mind hearing in game commentary with random NPCs or even main characters about how powerful a leaders specific pokemon is. Like, maybe we heard from someone that WHITNEY is really strong or might be challenging, but I want to hear something like "Whitney's Miltank is powerful, Id watch out" or "you dont stand a chance against Sabrina's Alakazam, just quit now". Then, when you're battling that leader and that pokemon comes out, it will make it a little more exciting and kinda make you anxious.

Im sure this happens in the game once or twice, but Id like to hear it more often.
---
~~Official *Cloud* of the Kingdom Hearts 3 Board~~
#12airsoft246(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 10:48:09 PM
no one agrees? really?
---
#13Waluigi1Posted 9/17/2013 10:48:58 PM
I wish they used more Pokemon.
---
3DS FC: 4983 4925 5121
NNID, PSN, and GT: Waluigi1
#14AysanderPosted 9/17/2013 10:51:03 PM
I wish they'd go back to varied team amounts, personally, and have that ONE big poke that nobody could say without pride that they took it down after hours of training.

Like Whitney's Miltank if you didn't get that free machop. lol.
---
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Pokemon_Dark_Red/index/
#15PentaoPosted 9/17/2013 10:53:57 PM
I've played Pokemon a bit too much to find anything particularly threatening or difficult. Any in game trainer trying to hype a gym leader just gets a generally indifferent reaction from me. I'm going to curbstomp them anyway.

There are plenty of broken strategies to winning in game, using type effectiveness isn't even one of them and it can lead to a clean sweep lol.
---
"Religion keeps pressing B when we try to evolve." - pirategeorge"
[3DS FC: 1934-0673-9848 (Pentao)]
#16CharizardFirePosted 9/17/2013 11:52:46 PM
Simmiekins posted...
I'm happy enough if they have their "big" Pokemon before you can see it anywhere else in the game, makes it feel badass enough.

This. Gym leaders all have their main Pokemon shown before you can find them in the wild yourself.

Except for Falkner... Oh Falkner...

You can't find wild Pidgeotto in G/S/C/HG/SS until several badges in.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#17MissCarriagePosted 9/18/2013 3:26:57 PM
CharizardFire posted...
Simmiekins posted...
I'm happy enough if they have their "big" Pokemon before you can see it anywhere else in the game, makes it feel badass enough.

This. Gym leaders all have their main Pokemon shown before you can find them in the wild yourself.

Except for Falkner... Oh Falkner...

You can't find wild Pidgeotto in G/S/C/HG/SS until several badges in.

It still is an underwhelming main Pokemon. Its a middle stage early game bird that could have been replaced with numerous other Flying types of that generation. Hoothoot could be found in the route just before Violet City, and there is also Natu in the Ruins of Alph below Violet City. There's also Murkrow, Delibird, and a bunch of other single evo birds that could have been used as Falkner's main without being too challenging for the player.

And I'm only listing Flying type birds because Falkner seems to specialize in bird Pokemon. If he didn't there would be tons more options like Hoppip's line or Ledyba/Ledian.
---
Love me long time.
#18airsoft246(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 7:45:24 PM
Waluigi1 posted...
I wish they used more Pokemon.

Well 6 might be too many, just more that its a waste of time than anything. Bc the extra 3 would be just extras you could sweep easily, so unless theyre distinct then itd be pointless.
---