This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has it been (de)confirmed if we can customize eye color?

#1NeoToastDXPosted 9/17/2013 5:39:03 PM
I hope we can, and I hope red, yellow, and purple are options.
---
Tetris is the sport of Danish Kings.
Brawl FC: 4940-5099-9482
#2ozy808Posted 9/17/2013 5:42:53 PM
Not everyone in the world has brown eyes so probably. As for the alternate colors, if that's possible I'm getting white eyes.
---
GT: ozy8080. Blame the OCD and autocorrect.
If you're not playing a GAME for FUN you're doing it wrong.
#3Kinneth123Posted 9/17/2013 5:43:29 PM
I'm kind of hoping we're allowed to be designers and have a limited Animal Crossing-esque ability to draw clothing/hairstyles.
---
3DS FC: 1332-8189-4231
#4aDirtyShisnoPosted 9/19/2013 9:03:39 AM
Unfortunately....

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-19-a-new-perspective-how-pokemon-x-and-y-refreshes-the-series

"The enhanced visuals now allow for a range of protagonist designs, too - after picking your gender you are given one of three specific looks to choose from (the differences being skin tone and hair colour). You can then change your character's clothing and accessories in-game with a huge wardrobe of outfits bought via in-game boutiques and available to alter with badges, buttons, ribbons and bows."

Sounds like "no".
---
...and he was never heard from again.
#5dynamomasterPosted 9/19/2013 9:09:40 AM
Really don't want brown eyes just because I want darker skin...

Hoping for contact lenses later in the game even though I'm just setting myself up for disappointment. :(
---
Steam and GamerTag: Phanir || 3DS FC: 1418-6781-7928
Unofficial Indie Game Reviewer: http://indieadventure.co.uk/author/phanir/
#6JKPhagePosted 9/20/2013 6:25:52 AM
aDirtyShisno posted...
Unfortunately....

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-19-a-new-perspective-how-pokemon-x-and-y-refreshes-the-series

"The enhanced visuals now allow for a range of protagonist designs, too - after picking your gender you are given one of three specific looks to choose from (the differences being skin tone and hair colour). You can then change your character's clothing and accessories in-game with a huge wardrobe of outfits bought via in-game boutiques and available to alter with badges, buttons, ribbons and bows."

Sounds like "no".

Umm... No it doesn't. It sounds like "You pick a default skin and hair color at the start", which is exactly what it means. They've confirmed that we can NOT change skin-tone in a recent interview by stating that you should pick wisely as you can't change it, but that we will be able to style and color our hair any way that we wish regardless of this choice. I'd really love to see custom color contacts so I can customize my eyes as well, but if not I won't be totally heart-broken, just a little disappointed. I'd really enjoy having bright ice-blue eyes to go with the lime green hair and white outfit I have planned.

Anyway, to answer the question, it has never been confirmed, nor has it been directly denied that we will be able to change eye colors. It's never even been mentioned directly, so as far as we can tell it's a "wait and see" thing at the moment. If they don't then I'd suggest making a bit of noise about it to Nintendo after release in hopes that they'll listen and add the feature into Z, or maybe even patch it in as a QOL feature to X/Y.

On a speculative note: In one of the recent videos that showed the PSS, the player only had two friends, one of which was the default male trainer and a second who looked older, had a different face shape and a grumpy expression. As I doubt they'd let you add NPCs to your friends list, it may be possible to change your body/face type as well, but that's completely unfounded and based on one single image, so please don't take that as fact or even a rumor. Just an off-hand notion from me.