This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So with two starters available, who will you be taking?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So with two starters available, who will you be taking?

User Info: I_Play_RS

I_Play_RS
3 years ago#1
Just curious what the people of this board are thinking about this new addition to the game.

Ever since the original Red version, I've taken the Fire-starter. My intention was to continue that trend with Pokemon X/Y but when I learned that I'd be allowed to get one of the original three starters, I started to question myself.

Charmander is my absolute favorite starter because Charizard is my absolute favorite pokemon.

This is also only further compounded by the possibility of getting a Torchic with the special event, which is another of my favorite fire-starter pokemon.

I was actually toying with the idea of just taking all three fire-starter pokemon, but am torn because I know I wouldn't use them for the entire game.

What are your plans?
Currently playing: D3, SC2, Borderlands 2, FE:A, Pokemon White 2
Runescape: Dnovelta

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
3 years ago#2
Fennekin and Bulbasaur, but I won't be using Bulbasaur. I only want to use gen 6 Pokemon.
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
http://i.minus.com/ibeTNBZS1C6k9v.gif

User Info: raikou68

raikou68
3 years ago#3
FuneralCake posted...
Fennekin and Bulbasaur, but I won't be using Bulbasaur. I only want to use gen 6 Pokemon.

User Info: emrlddragon

emrlddragon
3 years ago#4
With Torchic being given away, I am foregoing the fire type starters on both versions.
Forget what you know. Girls DO play video games. And Ill be damned, theyre pretty good at them too. ~ CtrlAltDel
B2 FC: FC: 2795 8467 2061

User Info: LibranFire

LibranFire
3 years ago#5
FuneralCake posted...

User Info: TheNeoVoid

TheNeoVoid
3 years ago#6
Can't decide between Froakie or Fennekin. Taking Squirtle since Charizard is overrated and terrible competitively.
PSN: NeoVoid
3DS FC: 0473-7778-8246 Viral

User Info: smallface_gray

smallface_gray
3 years ago#7
It really depends on the final evos of the Kalos starters. As it stands either:

Froakie, Charmander

or

Chespin, Blastoise, Torchic

User Info: JustCallMe

JustCallMe
3 years ago#8
Chespin
Squirtle
Torchic

User Info: Nextgrandcross

Nextgrandcross
3 years ago#9
FuneralCake posted...

Ditto, at least for my very first playthrough of the game, I want to just have Gen 6 Pokemon.

User Info: JakeisaLie

JakeisaLie
3 years ago#10
Fennekin and Squirtle. Squirtle was my first starter and one of my favorite pokemon growing up, and I tend to favor magic users.
http://wallbot.net/walls/preview/1841.jpeg
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So with two starters available, who will you be taking?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived