This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are people obsessed with Cynthia?

#1jfx_zeroPosted 9/17/2013 9:51:21 PM
I don't understand the fascination with her character. She greets you mid game like every other champion, helps you out minimally and then you battle her the same way you do with every other champion.
Is it because you're able to battle her again in Unova? Is it because she was the first female champion? Did the anime portray her as some total badass? I'm having trouble understanding.
---
Check out my music page at: chrisbyerly.bandcamp.com or soundcloud.com/chris-byerly
#2smallface_grayPosted 9/17/2013 9:52:22 PM
IDK. She is basically the female version of Steven, and nobody talks about that guy.
#3FuneralCakePosted 9/17/2013 9:52:59 PM
It's the same reason people like Blue or Steven or Lance. People just think Cynthia is a cool character. You don't have to understand it. Just accept that people like her and move on.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
http://i.minus.com/ibeTNBZS1C6k9v.gif
#4AlI_About_The_UPosted 9/17/2013 9:53:47 PM
She's a hot blonde and her Sexchomp is the best.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#5niklnipPosted 9/17/2013 9:54:29 PM
smallface_gray posted...
IDK. She is basically the female version of Steven, and nobody talks about that guy.

But Steven is pretty cool...

Maybe it's because Cynthia was the one of the first Champions to actually be given a character as supposed to "I'm the Champion so I'm special" like Lance or Steven who are fairly flat as characters (Blue is both a rival as well as champion so he's kind of a grey area here)

I mean, she's cool and not easily upset by things and she studies mythology.

Plus people like her Garchomp and some... Assets.
---
Black 2 Friend Code [Nikl]: 0433-7110-2756
Official Swoobat of the Pokemon X board
#6hellzyaaahhhhhhPosted 9/17/2013 9:59:31 PM
fan of the fact they give her unique battle music when she appears in black and white

her pokemon team is good

and she does have more character then other game champions

she also takes part in a pokemon creation event...ingame....
---
owns all game systems... equal feelings about all of them...
its the games i tend to take favor to o.O
#7acerola-orionPosted 9/17/2013 10:03:11 PM
because she's hot

that really is the only reason
#8jfx_zero(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 10:03:40 PM
FuneralCake posted...
It's the same reason people like Blue or Steven or Lance. People just think Cynthia is a cool character. You don't have to understand it. Just accept that people like her and move on.

It's definitely something different with her. As evidenced by...
AlI_About_The_U posted...

There's more of a "fandom" around her, as opposed to the other Champions.

And I guess her having an interest in mythology over simply being "the best" does add a bit of depth, but look at a champion like Alder. That guy was like some kind of spiritual super-mentor to trainers and there's not much buzz around him. And although not multi-faceted, Lance was just a straight up good trainer. He handled Team Rocket.
---
Check out my music page at: chrisbyerly.bandcamp.com or soundcloud.com/chris-byerly
#9AlI_About_The_UPosted 9/17/2013 10:04:32 PM
Oh and also she's a chick. Important!
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#10niklnipPosted 9/17/2013 10:05:09 PM
jfx_zero posted...
FuneralCake posted...

It's definitely something different with her. As evidenced by...
AlI_About_The_U posted...

There's more of a "fandom" around her, as opposed to the other Champions.

And I guess her having an interest in mythology over simply being "the best" does add a bit of depth, but look at a champion like Alder. That guy was like some kind of spiritual super-mentor to trainers and there's not much buzz around him. And although not multi-faceted, Lance was just a straight up good trainer. He handled Team Rocket.

But Lance didn't really have anything to him besides "I'm a cool guy who raises dragons and I'm the champ."

Also Alder is oldish so he doesn't exactly have the sex appeal that Cynthia has. :/
---
Black 2 Friend Code [Nikl]: 0433-7110-2756
Official Swoobat of the Pokemon X board