This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So was it confirmed that you get the kanto starters early?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So was it confirmed that you get the kanto starters early?
2 years ago#1
I assumed you get them post game like in HG/SS. But everyone is acting like you get them immediately. I can understand getting Torchic early seeing how its an event, but not the kanto starters
---
"I do a lot of push ups and sit-ups and I drink plenty of juice"-Vegeta
2 years ago#2
You get them when you meet Sycamore, so yeah.
2 years ago#3
Based on what we know... we get them after arriving in Lumiose City.

So... relatively early, yeah.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
Snowflame is greatest comic villain ever made. Shame on DC for letting him fade into obscurity.
2 years ago#4
Why would you meet professor sycamore in the post game...?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
2 years ago#5
We know that we meet Sycamore for the first time in Lumiose City, but we don't know that we get the starters at that point. It's likely that we do, but they could very well be post-game gifts.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
http://i.minus.com/ibeTNBZS1C6k9v.gif
2 years ago#6
FuneralCake posted...
We know that we meet Sycamore for the first time in Lumiose City, but we don't know that we get the starters at that point. It's likely that we do, but they could very well be post-game gifts.

This man speaks the hypothetical truth.

It's a common occurrence in Pokemon games to not receive major gift Pokemon until post game generally. (Such as Eevee in the past few gens and so on)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
2 years ago#7
Mewtwo_soul posted...
FuneralCake posted...

It's a common occurrence in Pokemon games to not receive major gift Pokemon until post game generally. (Such as Eevee in the past few gens and so on)

Gen 5 you can catch eevees in the main game, and get several halfway decent gift pokes, including an elemental monkey that is opposite of your starter's type, which is TECHNICALLY what the point of the starters seems to be, aside from just giving you an option for a fairly-decent mega evo.
---
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Pokemon_Dark_Red/index/
2 years ago#8
Aysander posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
FuneralCake posted...

Gen 5 you can catch eevees in the main game, and get several halfway decent gift pokes, including an elemental monkey that is opposite of your starter's type, which is TECHNICALLY what the point of the starters seems to be, aside from just giving you an option for a fairly-decent mega evo.

I didn't say Gen V. I was meaning the last few gens. (Although yes, gen V is part of those last few gens, it is not the only gen that has existed within the last few or multiple gens)

>.> We don't know for certain it won't be post game, but it's not surprising for someone to assume them to be, due to how many "gift" Pokemon have been in the past.

Let alone the likes of starter gift Pokemon which have been given generally post game. (Outside events)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So was it confirmed that you get the kanto starters early?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived