This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope the Pokedex shows BST's of Pokemon encountered

#1trashyjcPosted 9/18/2013 12:33:31 AM
I know this is unlikely to happen, but wouldn't it be great to know it in-game without all the crazy shenanigans? (I'm STILL actually stumped how people learn BST's, so if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate that)

This would help immensely for team-building especially since we're all practically going in blind this time around. Before, we had the luxury of knowing the BST's of all the Pokemon because of the Japanese release.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants this. What do you think?

*BST = Base Stat Total
just in case someone doesn't know.
#2Sloth9230Posted 9/18/2013 12:35:14 AM
trashyjc posted...
(I'm STILL actually stumped how people learn BST's, so if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate that)

Through illegal means... lol.
#3Doctor_SpankyPosted 9/18/2013 12:36:40 AM
Sloth9230 posted...
trashyjc posted...
(I'm STILL actually stumped how people learn BST's, so if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate that)

Yeah since the 3DS isn't really hackable, it'll probably be a while before we get to know all the new Pokemon and Mega Pokemon's base stats
#4Sloth9230Posted 9/18/2013 12:38:30 AM
Doctor_Spanky posted...
Sloth9230 posted...
trashyjc posted...

Yeah since the 3DS isn't really hackable, it'll probably be a while before we get to know all the new Pokemon and Mega Pokemon's base stats

Oh god... megas. Hopefully the in-battle summary page reflects those changes.
#5koggxPosted 9/18/2013 12:49:23 AM
Sloth9230 posted...
trashyjc posted...

hacking the 3DS and getting data from the game cards are very different things its just going to take the right person to get a hold of a game card before they can start digging out the info though no clue on how long it could take to get through any encryption and things of those sorts

so in short there are means to get the data even for 3DS games but how long depends on how fast the people with the proper tools can get there copies of the game and get to work
---
www.freewebs.com/kingofgamesgx
#6DarkEspeon996Posted 9/18/2013 1:03:06 AM
Its not hard to figure out a Pokemon's BST thru in-game means. Just level up the Pokemon to 100, remove all EVs, then deduce its base stats based on its totals.
---
What goes up, must go down. Like my grades...- black wargreykid
http://i.imgur.com/XKy3e.png
#7trashyjc(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 1:05:59 AM
See, this is one of the many things GF should fix if they want competitive battling to be more accessible to the majority. But whatever, let's just hope they make it easier somehow :o
#8trashyjc(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 1:07:58 AM
DarkEspeon996 posted...
Its not hard to figure out a Pokemon's BST thru in-game means. Just level up the Pokemon to 100, remove all EVs, then deduce its base stats based on its totals.

It's not hard but it's very time-consuming. Imagine leveling a Pokemon all the way to lvl 100 only to realize it's bullcrap or it's not really what you expected it to be. That's always annoying lol.
#9koggxPosted 9/18/2013 1:08:27 AM

problem would be IVs messing up your results as they would create a variable
---
www.freewebs.com/kingofgamesgx
#10CharizardFirePosted 9/18/2013 1:11:16 AM

You would need to do it for several Pokémon of the same species to get an accurate picture (thanks to the IVs factor), and that's not even taking natures into account...

Still, if the hackers never manage to pull off hacking these games, this method would be our only option.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif