This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ev training with horde encounters

#1BetaghhoulPosted 9/18/2013 9:14:40 AM
wouldn't horde encounters make Ev training faster but maybe a little bit more complicated
---
Thus i have spoken
#2FalxXDPosted 9/18/2013 9:16:05 AM
Did dual encounters do this?
---
Official Magikarp of the pokemon boards.
3ds friend code: 0216-0976-7778
#3RemixV4Posted 9/18/2013 9:16:24 AM
why would it be more complicated?
---
The heart is shaken more by a single action than a thousand words.
#4ErroneousNickPosted 9/18/2013 9:17:18 AM
I don't think it would, if anything it would slow down the band items. You would only get 4 EVs depending on the band at the end of the fight (+the EVs of each pokemon) as the band only counts the battles the pokemon get in, and not the amount of pokemon are defeated in said battle.
#5BadDecisionsPosted 9/18/2013 9:18:25 AM
Sudowoodo was in the mix with Treeguy. Unless they have the same EVs, it may **** up the time you'd be going to save by doing this, making it so you have to run and find a new horde.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSLJJDRA-jQ
Rate and subscribe. Very good best videos all the day!
#6AejadukaPosted 9/18/2013 9:18:58 AM
ErroneousNick posted...
I don't think it would, if anything it would slow down the band items. You would only get 4 EVs depending on the band at the end of the fight (+the EVs of each pokemon) as the band only counts the battles the pokemon get in, and not the amount of pokemon are defeated in said battle.

Would still be faster and there's also the chance of them changing how those items work since they're apparently trying to make things less annoying so not as many people hack the hell out of the game.
#7GL10Posted 9/18/2013 9:23:16 AM
Why would you need to EV train with horde encounters when you can resort to the Super Training?
---
Before you complain about the lag, keep in mind that Jesus had to wait three days to respawn!
#8Betaghhoul(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 10:00:25 AM
It would be great if you were in a horde encounter with the specific pokemon you need for certain stats, But that occasional 1 is gonna mess up some things but it isn't going to be in all them like there wasn't one in all the Axew. also it wouldn't matter if the the one different pokemon gave you the same thing would it? It would be more complicated because of calculating exactly how many more you will get for each encounter (assuming each one isn't the same size).
---
Thus i have spoken
#9NinjaKitsunePosted 9/18/2013 10:03:51 AM
ErroneousNick posted...

What? That's entirely wrong. You get it per pokemon, unless they changed it for gen 6.
---
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny..."
#10kazooie959Posted 9/18/2013 10:48:09 AM
Why does this even matter? Aren't we getting Super training to get rid of the EV grind on pokemon?
---
I am the great Kazoo! FEAR THE FEATHERS!!!