This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm pretty dissapointed by limited 3D in Pokemon XY...

#1VerySolidusSnakPosted 9/18/2013 10:59:51 AM
I know not many people like the 3D but to me, 3D makes up for the relatively small 3DS screen. It's not a deal breaker but jeez. Is it a technical limitation? This is a first party game, they should know how to work around it, but I understand that there's over 600,000 pokemon to program on the 3DS.
#2MM125Posted 9/18/2013 11:02:10 AM
I've still yet to be convinced this isn't just an issue with the demo.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#3bonannPosted 9/18/2013 11:03:39 AM
MM125 posted...
I've still yet to be convinced this isn't just an issue with the demo.

The trailers stated it was limited. It's in the disclaimers.
---
3DS: 4313 - 0687- 5263 | AC: NL Town: Aries
#4SorceressTharjaPosted 9/18/2013 11:04:25 AM
The trailers state it to be a "2D game with some 3D gameplay"
#5SuperSonicDBZPosted 9/18/2013 11:05:25 AM
If there was any game to push for 3D in a 3DS game, it was this one.

But I think Nintendo has officially abandoned the 3D aspect of it all. People just aren't interested in it. They want their games. Eff the 3D. -__-
---
Donnel is my # 1 bro. We fist bump, slay some risen, eat some chicken strips, bomb the Valmese and steal sugar from Gaius on a daily basis. Like a Boss. FE:A
#6P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 9/18/2013 11:06:55 AM
I don't know that many people even use the 3D. Personally, I like to look at it quickly every now and again, but predominantly it's off, so this isn't too disappointing. I'm sure future installments will make better use of 3D, if GF wants them to
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#7VerySolidusSnak(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 11:08:52 AM
SuperSonicDBZ posted...

But I think Nintendo has officially abandoned the 3D aspect of it all. People just aren't interested in it. They want their games. Eff the 3D. -__-

So true, I mean this the the first mainline Pokemon game to feature 3D instead of sprites yet they won't give us the added 3D depth to immerse ourselves more. Seems like they got a little lazy.
#8P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 9/18/2013 11:12:40 AM(edited)
VerySolidusSnak posted...
SuperSonicDBZ posted...

So true, I mean this the the first mainline Pokemon game to feature 3D instead of sprites yet they won't give us the added 3D depth to immerse ourselves more. Seems like they got a little lazy.

first mainline Pokemon game to feature 3D instead of sprites

lazy

Yes, let's please disregard every other detail that GF put in, like an elaborate character customization feature, Nintendogs 3DS, and various other forms of battle, and say it's lazy that they made a design choice.

EDIT: I don't mean to sound so rude here, but come on now.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#9VerySolidusSnak(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 11:17:16 AM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
VerySolidusSnak posted...
SuperSonicDBZ posted...

first mainline Pokemon game to feature 3D instead of sprites

lazy

Yes, let's please disregard every other detail that GF put in, like an elaborate character customization feature, Nintendogs 3DS, and various other forms of battle, and say it's lazy that they made a design choice.

EDIT: I don't mean to sound so rude here, but come on now.

For lack of better word, I chose lazy but at least accompany those fancy 3D graphics with 3D depth.
#10jamieyelloPosted 9/18/2013 11:18:40 AM
I don't buy this. I've bought around 30 3ds titles and have yet to hear about or own a game that opted out of using it for no reason except out of sheer laziness, even the lazy ports get 3d (and I usually have it all the way on)

I think they were talking about the demo.
---