This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Something I always wished for regarding moves.

#1NitharadPosted 9/18/2013 12:32:46 PM
What if... and just hear me out here...

Pokemon actually have some sort of "inventory" for their movepool?

This means a Pokemon will never ever forget a move, but you can still only "equip" a Pokemon with 4 moves.
Outside of battle you're free to switch moves in and out.

This would eliminate the need for a move-relearner. It would make HMs a non-issue since Pokemon could just learn the move, store it in their movepool-inventory, and still be able to use them outside of combat.
It would make managing moves much easier and adding another layer of strategy to the game by allowing us to "prepare" our Pokemon.
Fighting the ice-gym next? Equip your Pokemon with fighting, fire and steel moves!
Next up is a water-gym? Switch the moves to grass or electric.

And I don't see how this would substract anything from the game.

It could even create another challenge by creating a Pokemon that has a full movepool. You could earn a special and useless ribbon from some NPC!

Dunno... just bored and wanted to share.
#2Tigo73Posted 9/18/2013 12:33:39 PM
I approve of this idea.
---
The man who will steal your candles.
Official Omoikane of the SMT IV board.
#3Rodimus_PrimePosted 9/18/2013 12:36:53 PM
That's a good idea and I would be for it's implementation.
---
"Yeah, they're in the game. But if you don't buy them, you can't play as them. Why? Because F*** YOU GIVE ME MONEY!"-Angry Joe
#4Unown_201Posted 9/18/2013 12:39:36 PM
Brilliant idea, just hope GameFreak have the same thought...
#5matthewthemanPosted 9/18/2013 12:40:36 PM
I think it's excellent. Reminds me of the skill system in FE:A.
---
Official Dunsparce of every message board
3DS FC: 0087-3597-0870
#6PlasmashedgehogPosted 9/18/2013 12:40:50 PM
*thumbs up*
---
someone in a parallel dimension is trying to find Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up",but can only find videos of the upcoming pokemon.
#7lostnfound99Posted 9/18/2013 12:40:57 PM
This is a really good idea and i can see it implemented fairly easily. Like kingdom hearts and abilities/ap :) although, id imagine there would have to be a lot of tweaking with tms
#8robill18Posted 9/18/2013 12:41:39 PM
I'm robill18 and I approve of this idea. My opinion is very important and is highly regarded by many powerful and influential people. I secretly invented the Internet, American Idol and Peanut Butte/Jelly in the same jar. I have all the Pokemon
---
Ghost ride the unicycle.
#9Nitharad(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 12:45:02 PM
Actually got the idea years ago after playing Guild Wars 1 that pretty much functions exactly like that.
Having an ever growing movepool of skills you've learned but only being able to equip a certain number and take them into battle.
#10YamiJustinPosted 9/18/2013 12:46:49 PM
How would this work with TMs and HMs? Would it apply to their permanent memory list?