This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Something I always wished for regarding moves.

#41RemixV4Posted 9/18/2013 7:58:03 PM
I would be happy if the tutors and re-learners didn't cost rare mats to use. Preferably, it would be a free service.
---
The heart is shaken more by a single action than a thousand words.
#42paiprPosted 9/18/2013 7:58:52 PM
@ ClassyOldHat

I like the idea of still using Heart Scales. Feel like they may want to make them a bit more common. But at the same time they could make it so your Pokemon remembers all moves its learned, but it takes a heart scale to change a move to one of the 4 active slots.
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071
#43kclaujamesPosted 9/18/2013 8:30:48 PM
Could be a good idea but I would hope for a logical explanation why Pokemon cannot use the moves they didn't equip.
#44MagikarpRulesPosted 9/18/2013 8:31:54 PM
I honestly don't know why so many people still hate HMs. They were needed a lot less in Gen 5 than in previous gens. Dive was completely optional. Fly has never been a mandatory move (just a convenient one). Cut I agree is awful. The other 3 HMs are fine for battle.
#45MickeyRocksaPosted 9/18/2013 8:33:05 PM
afsdfadf posted...
Could be a good idea but I would hope for a logical explanation why Pokemon cannot use the moves they didn't equip.

squirtle use water gun
squirtle: ?
shoot I forgot to equip it
---
Fight Me.... MICKEYx 3ds FC: 4141-2356-8625 ...pm me 1st
DBZ Battle of the Gods should be dubbed spread da word
#46AstralFearPosted 9/18/2013 8:34:16 PM
Tampering with the minds/memories of Pokemon. Seems like something some Team Antagonist would do.
---
None
#47MickeyRocksaPosted 9/18/2013 8:36:05 PM
AstralFear posted...
Tampering with the minds/memories of Pokemon. Seems like something some Team Antagonist would do.

how do they forget moves and how do we use hms/tms
---
Fight Me.... MICKEYx 3ds FC: 4141-2356-8625 ...pm me 1st
DBZ Battle of the Gods should be dubbed spread da word
#48PinxedPosted 9/18/2013 8:40:01 PM
paipr posted...
Ive heard this one before. And now like then I am 100% behind it. It make Hms less frustrating and also likely result in some moves getting used more.

That all said my keeping all in reserve could become a huge headache. For a worse case example lets look at mew.

By level up mew learns roughly 13 moves. Plus all 95 tms. And all 6 Hms. Not to mention all 60 move tutor moves from gen 5. That's 174 move to cycle through. And even worse than Mew is Smeargal who can sketch every move.

So with this in mind a system like this would need a cap. Or some way to avoid scrolling through 100s of moves or else some pokes would be a huge headache to manage.

Also I think it be fun to make move sets you select and cycle through and name when out of battle.

Actually Smeargle can only learn 16 moves at a time, 26 if you count Sketch and the Sketched moves as seperate.

10 Sketch
10 Sketched moves
4 Event moves
2 DW Moves
---
"Do people go to Smogon's forums and complain about GameFaqs?" - Duskull24
"...you are a god among men" - The Red Man
#49MagikarpRulesPosted 9/18/2013 8:49:38 PM
Pinxed posted...
paipr posted...
Ive heard this one before. And now like then I am 100% behind it. It make Hms less frustrating and also likely result in some moves getting used more.

That all said my keeping all in reserve could become a huge headache. For a worse case example lets look at mew.

By level up mew learns roughly 13 moves. Plus all 95 tms. And all 6 Hms. Not to mention all 60 move tutor moves from gen 5. That's 174 move to cycle through. And even worse than Mew is Smeargal who can sketch every move.

So with this in mind a system like this would need a cap. Or some way to avoid scrolling through 100s of moves or else some pokes would be a huge headache to manage.

Also I think it be fun to make move sets you select and cycle through and name when out of battle.

Actually Smeargle can only learn 16 moves at a time, 26 if you count Sketch and the Sketched moves as seperate.

10 Sketch
10 Sketched moves
4 Event moves
2 DW Moves

Not if you get him to remember a move. After all, some moves are not available through normal level up, only through the move relearner.