This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon bank!

#11NinjaKitsunePosted 9/18/2013 4:13:00 PM
MoonLightCloud posted...
RedYoshi27 posted...
boxdude123 posted...
Unown_201 posted...
People thing about $5 per YEAR. I think it is a good idea also.

What?? It's not gonna be a permanent app, we have to keep renewing it??

The subscription yes but its only once per year and doesn't fully come out until December? Still $5 a year is like 2 cents a day and you don't have to buy it if you don't collect tons of pokemon. I'd skip it if you aren't a big pokemon player.

Less than that, actually.
It's like 1.37~ cents a day.
I really don't get how people think $5 a YEAR is expensive and unreasonable.

Because the amount of storage they're offering is worth a fraction of that.
---
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny..."
#12jayman7Posted 9/18/2013 4:20:24 PM
But they're offering more than storage.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#13Unown_201Posted 9/18/2013 5:11:58 PM
jayman7 posted...

Exactly.

If you look at it as just bytes, sure you can get more storage for less. But then that storage is no use for storing pokemon.

At the end of the day it comes down to what the service offers, an easy and convenient way to store and transfer pokemon, whether that takes 1 byte or a trillion. To me that convenience is worth $5 per year.

Hopefully the fact it is a paid service will also mean it remains running for decades to come, receive updates and that all future games will be compatible. A free service would probably not get any further investment and be taken down within a few years.
#14BlueDryBones1Posted 9/18/2013 5:17:01 PM
Unown_201 posted...
jayman7 posted...

Exactly.

If you look at it as just bytes, sure you can get more storage for less. But then that storage is no use for storing pokemon.

At the end of the day it comes down to what the service offers, an easy and convenient way to store and transfer pokemon, whether that takes 1 byte or a trillion. To me that convenience is worth $5 per year.

Hopefully the fact it is a paid service will also mean it remains running for decades to come, receive updates and that all future games will be compatible. A free service would probably not get any further investment and be taken down within a few years.

This is the main reason I am perfectly fine with this. Look at the PGL its going down for 5th gen soon, it was free so they can take it down whenever they need to. With us paying they don't have a reason not to keep it up.