This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one who thinks this would be a good idea?

#71Skull_proPosted 9/18/2013 9:53:25 PM
boxdude123 posted...
I may be the only one here that agrees with TC. I think I'd be awesome to dress as Lance! :p

So do I. Since I'm playing both games, I was thinking of playing againts 2 friends in a 2 vs 2 battle. I play with 2 3dses (Mine and my GFs) I will drees up as Tate and Liza since I'll play as the guy in a game and as the girl in the other (I almost always do that)
---
Arguing with TC is like playing chess with a pigeon: The pigeon craps on the table, knocks over your king, and flies away, declaring victory.
#72Skull_proPosted 9/18/2013 10:15:14 PM
jayman7 posted...

LEVELS OF DLC SLIMINESS!

5 - Very slimy. Stuff that's already on the game disc/card.

6 - Extremely slimy. Cosmetic stuff that's already on the game disc/card.

You know that even if you own the disc, people who made the game owns the data within, right? That means that THEY decided what DATA you access to even if the plastic/disc holding the data is yours. Also, I'd rather have on-disc paid DLC than having ''out-of-disc'' paid DLC and still have to download them. Here's one example with the game Gravity Rush on the Vita:

-In the Japanesse version, the game does NOT come with DLCs on the card/digital version, and on top of having to pay for the DLC, you have to waste more data space on your already expencive memory card (From what I've heard, the DLCs for that game are in the 3 digits MBs and there are at least 3 of them) AND you have a download limit to watch for. Granted, many people have 50 GB and more of download limit per months, but not everyone has this. I still see a lot of people with a mere 1 or 2 GB download limit.

-Now, in the NA version of the same game, the DLC are actually ON the cart/digital version. And when you pay for it, you only have to download the Unlock data, which is a mere 100 kb each. So when I downloaded them, I saved time, memory space and, if I was downloading of my 6GB download limit of my cellphone plan, would be saving quite abit.

I am not protacting on-disc DLC. I would rather have them free too. But you can't always expect everything to be free. ESPECIALLY when it's purely cosmetic.

TL;DR version: Just pay up, or pass up.
---
Arguing with TC is like playing chess with a pigeon: The pigeon craps on the table, knocks over your king, and flies away, declaring victory.
#73tallgeeseIVPosted 9/18/2013 10:47:15 PM
Skull_pro posted...
jayman7 posted...

LEVELS OF DLC SLIMINESS!

5 - Very slimy. Stuff that's already on the game disc/card.

6 - Extremely slimy. Cosmetic stuff that's already on the game disc/card.

You know that even if you own the disc, people who made the game owns the data within, right? That means that THEY decided what DATA you access to even if the plastic/disc holding the data is yours. Also, I'd rather have on-disc paid DLC than having ''out-of-disc'' paid DLC and still have to download them. Here's one example with the game Gravity Rush on the Vita:

-In the Japanesse version, the game does NOT come with DLCs on the card/digital version, and on top of having to pay for the DLC, you have to waste more data space on your already expencive memory card (From what I've heard, the DLCs for that game are in the 3 digits MBs and there are at least 3 of them) AND you have a download limit to watch for. Granted, many people have 50 GB and more of download limit per months, but not everyone has this. I still see a lot of people with a mere 1 or 2 GB download limit.

-Now, in the NA version of the same game, the DLC are actually ON the cart/digital version. And when you pay for it, you only have to download the Unlock data, which is a mere 100 kb each. So when I downloaded them, I saved time, memory space and, if I was downloading of my 6GB download limit of my cellphone plan, would be saving quite abit.

I am not protacting on-disc DLC. I would rather have them free too. But you can't always expect everything to be free. ESPECIALLY when it's purely cosmetic.

TL;DR version: Just pay up, or pass up.

There is a notable difference though, your example is from a game that came out a number of months earlier in Japan and the content was likely legitimately developed after the game was which is at least legitimately post-development DLC.
What you are quoting is really more about content that is intentionally locked out by a pay-wall even though it already existed as content made during the game's development period.

And just for the record, just because a particular business practice is legal and has been put to use doesn't mean it can't be considered slimy.
---
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9742/fodderkg8.png
-_-'
#74LontaBeansPosted 9/18/2013 10:47:49 PM
animefan1000 posted...
Keep that DLC crap away from my Pokeamanz.

---
-----Official Pikachu and Lucario of the Pokemon Y board-----
Waiting) Pokemon X/Y, A Link Between Worlds, Smash Bros. 4
#75Sloth9230Posted 9/18/2013 11:10:39 PM
jayman7 posted...
Sloth9230 posted...
tallgeeseIV posted...

To my knowledge, there has never been a compatibility patch for FE:A (thus i don't see other people's Brides and Dread Fighters)
of course i've been preoccupied by MH so i haven't played FE:A in a while either.

Sorry, I didn't mean a compatibility patch. I meant regular DLC, it also get's "patched" in to the game. Point being that 3DS games can be patched and get updated unlike DS games.

There is the fact that costumes you download wouldn't be in other people's games, and you can see other players' avatars (costumes and all) when you link with them. They could show a default, but that would make your pointless DLC costume even more pointless.

Then they could just release a compatibility patch that's required to use online features and then sell the unlock key separately.