This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone else get annoyed when people call Trainer Red as a Pokemon Master?

#1MegaMettaurPosted 9/18/2013 4:06:25 PM
78/80 lol

It gets really annoying considering that outside of RBY and FRLG, he's been pretty terrible. The only thing he has is high leveled pokemon. As much as I don't like Cynthia, I think if anyone is close to being a pokemon master, it's her, considering that her pokemon have really high IVs, if not max ( or so people say). Plus she's the only trainer who doesn't have a terribad team, save Champion Blue's team
---
(PC): Skullgirls: Squigly <3 Steam ID: MegaMettaurX
(3DS): FC: 0834-1402-9867 - Mega Man Star Force 2 Zerker x Ninja, Contact, Mega Man Zero Collection
#2javel34Posted 9/18/2013 4:07:39 PM
I hate him, I lost to him in the champion tournament and he was all "...?" Then after he was like "...?!" arrogant bastard.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 She would return every so often. Her lips tasted like tragedy, but he could never forget her. How could he when she was always near?
#3MegaMettaur(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 4:15:38 PM
I would really like to see a hypthetical battle between Red and Cynthia.
---
(3DS): FC: 0834-1402-9867 - Mega Man Star Force 2 Zerker x Ninja, Contact, Mega Man Zero Collection
#4ArcRay20Posted 9/18/2013 4:16:11 PM
he was a master during his time back in the day. i mean look at him, he transcended humanity and now travels the world! lol
---
Always remember: For every five minutes, you waste an hour. -Arc Ray
[PSN: Arc_Ray] [3DS FC: 3866-8021-1637]
#5MegaMettaur(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 4:33:33 PM
ArcRay20 posted...
he was a master during his time back in the day. i mean look at him, he transcended humanity and now travels the world! lol

He was never a master for his time. Ever. He might have a ryu complex, but from what I can tell, he still has no idea how pokemon training works. Where as Cynthia has enough of an idea to breed for IVs.
---
#6YamiJustinPosted 9/18/2013 4:36:45 PM
MegaMettaur posted...
ArcRay20 posted...

He was never a master for his time. Ever. He might have a ryu complex, but from what I can tell, he still has no idea how pokemon training works. Where as Cynthia has enough of an idea to breed for IVs.

How does it feel to be in the minority of people who hate Red? He is vastly loved and considered a badass, that won't change. Game Freak love him and he stands out above the rest. No one else trains in solitude atop a freezing mountain and doesn't even feel its worth saying anything.
#7JonJonFTWPosted 9/18/2013 4:38:23 PM
Breed for IVs? Geez, TC I think you are taking this way to seriously.
---
"Why did you eat Snail Po?"
Gamertag : JonJonXs | Nintendo Network : JonJonXs | PSN : JonJonXs | Steam : JonJonXs | Youtube : JonJonFtheW
#8MegaMettaur(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 4:47:44 PM
YamiJustin posted...
MegaMettaur posted...
ArcRay20 posted...

How does it feel to be in the minority of people who hate Red? He is vastly loved and considered a badass, that won't change. Game Freak love him and he stands out above the rest. No one else trains in solitude atop a freezing mountain and doesn't even feel its worth saying anything.

I don't hate Red. I just acknowledge the fact that he's not as good as a trainer everyone claims he is. He might be a badass, but he's no where near Cynthia's level. I don't even like Cynthia, but I know she's a better trainer than he is. Hell Even Gold/Ethan is a better trainer than Red. But that's besides the point. The point is, Red is not a Pokemon Master. He never was, and probably never will be.

JonJonFTW posted...
Breed for IVs? Geez, TC I think you are taking this way to seriously.

It doesn't matter whether or not I'm taking it too seriously or not. In order to master something you have to understand everything about the given subject, Red is still rocking a damn Pikachu, and sports a terrible type coverage as far as his team goes.

And like I said earlier, Cynthia's team has been said to have max IVs.
---
#9dudeman514Posted 9/18/2013 6:07:23 PM
Why would you get annoyed?
Red supposedly collected every Pokemon, beat the Elite Four and has made it to the Champions Tournament in Black/White 2.
Sums up what a Pokemon master should be.
---
Gaming, the most expensive hobby outside of crack and being an arsonist, I'm right there with you.
#10Arne83Posted 9/18/2013 6:11:52 PM
The title "pokemon master" annoys me in general...
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
Snowflame is greatest comic villain ever made. Shame on DC for letting him fade into obscurity.