This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Between M.evos and only Sylveon being shown.......should we give up...

#1paiprPosted 9/18/2013 4:16:04 PM
Between Mega Evolutions and the fact that Sylveon is the only known new permanent evolution to and old Pokemon, have you given up on seeing any other old Pokemon evolve? Or are you still holding out hope?
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071
#2MM125Posted 9/18/2013 4:16:54 PM
I have no expectations either way.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#3Rodimus_PrimePosted 9/18/2013 4:26:46 PM
It wouldn't make much sense to reveal everything before the game is released.
---
"Yeah, they're in the game. But if you don't buy them, you can't play as them. Why? Because F*** YOU GIVE ME MONEY!"-Angry Joe
#4nro87Posted 9/18/2013 4:28:06 PM
I'm still expecting a handful of regular evolutions to old Pokémon. I don't necessarily want old Pokémon to get evolutions, but I don't really care either way.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#5jayman7Posted 9/18/2013 4:32:54 PM(edited)
Still, it is pretty unusual to be this close to release in an even-numbered gen and not know about the previous-gen evos (save one). By this point prior to the fourth gen, we knew of Weavile, Roserade, and Electivire, not to mention most of that gen's prevos.

But Mega Evolutions may be supplanting them this gen, split evolutions (read: Sylveon) aside.

EDIT: Well, actually, I really only have the fourth-gen to fall back on, as I have no idea which previous-gen (pr)evos were revealed prior to the second gen, if any. Still...
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#6paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 4:30:48 PM
Rodimus_Prime posted...

True, and I neither want them to, nor expect them to reveal everything. Still seems odd that we haven't heard anything suggesting either way as to if Sylveon is it, or not.
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
#7FryDays5000Posted 9/18/2013 4:31:59 PM
I gave up. Since the idea of megas sound much cooler and fresh than permanent forms anyways.

I still hope for a Tauros & Miltank pre evo that evolves to one of them though...
---
Freiza may be cool, but his brother is..... COOLER(get it?)
3DS FC:0645-6947-9076
#8NextgrandcrossPosted 9/18/2013 4:40:45 PM
Rodimus_Prime posted...

Indeed. and I rather be surprised this time.

Before we were often spoiled what evolved from what cause Japan usually get's first dibs on the game for like several months or even a year ahead of the Western releases.

This time the game is getting a international release on the same day, so we ain't gonna be super spoiled so aside from the players guides, we'll see some more evo's from playing
#9paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 4:41:07 PM
FryDays5000 posted...
I gave up. Since the idea of megas sound much cooler and fresh than permanent forms anyways.

I still hope for a Tauros & Miltank pre evo that evolves to one of them though...

Megas are a fun fresh concept for pokemon that have already evolved once or twice. For those that could really use a first or second evo though, feels like a slap in the face.

Also Tauros and Miltank prevo has never made sense to me. Tauros and Bourffalant seem more logical to be linked.
---
#10NewMoonShadowPosted 9/18/2013 5:05:37 PM
jayman7 posted...
Still, it is pretty unusual to be this close to release in an even-numbered gen and not know about the previous-gen evos (save one). By this point prior to the fourth gen, we knew of Weavile, Roserade, and Electivire, not to mention most of that gen's prevos.

But Mega Evolutions may be supplanting them this gen, split evolutions (read: Sylveon) aside.

EDIT: Well, actually, I really only have the fourth-gen to fall back on, as I have no idea which previous-gen (pr)evos were revealed prior to the second gen, if any. Still...

If I recall, the only Gen 1 evos/pre-evos revealed prior to Gen 2's release were Espeon, Umbreon, and Pichu.