This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would you react to a Mega Pokemon with an ability called "Second Wind"?

#1Megumi samaPosted 9/18/2013 5:54:12 PM(edited)
Which allows it to recover full health if it takes no damage for three consecutive turns? Pokemon is super bulky but has no access to healing moves or anything causing Sleep, Freeze, Paralyze, or Confusion (though it can learn Attract, Toxic, and Will-o-Wisp). Indirect damage (Spikes, Poison, etc) does count against you, as does creating a sub. In other words, you would have to rely on prediction/Protect hax to recover, but otherwise a top tier wall.

I'm curious what combination would be possible to straddle the line between "completely worthless" and "broken" for something like this. I keep worrying the idea is Regigigas level bad, but any time I try to tweak it it seems too abuseable.
---
We're the only Marvel title that features squirrels. And do you really want a squirrel-free comic? I don't think so. - Dan Slott, on GLA
#2PSI_IKEPosted 9/18/2013 6:00:14 PM
If it takes no damage then why would it need to recover any health?
---
Now listen to the bell, with my face flashing crimson from the fires of hell...
So what are you afraid of, and what are you made of?
#3fddsfsasfPosted 9/18/2013 6:00:24 PM
Absurdly situational.
#4jayman7Posted 9/18/2013 6:03:40 PM
I dunno, if the Pokémon has Protect (and the only thing that doesn't that can use TMs is Regigigas), then that's a 1/8 chance of a full recovery any time it's not under the effects of a status or damaging weather (unless the opponent has Feint, of course). Raise that to 1/2 if the opponent doesn't attack for a turn.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#5Archwing3441Posted 9/18/2013 6:11:51 PM
hmm, how I see it (assuming you're slower).
1)substitute
2)protect (1)
3)roar (2, substitute would take the damage)
4)protect (3)
4)repeat

the roar is needed to make sure the opponent doesn't set up for otks
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#6Megumi sama(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 6:15:52 PM
Archwing3441 posted...
1)substitute
2)protect (1)
4)protect (3)
4)repeat

Unless you are just going for a pure stall team, I wonder what you're going to put in your fourth move slot to make all that effort worth it?

Remember being "invincible" is sort of useless unless he can actually do anything with that awesome recovery.
---
We're the only Marvel title that features squirrels. And do you really want a squirrel-free comic? I don't think so. - Dan Slott, on GLA
#7Archwing3441Posted 9/18/2013 6:18:47 PM
Megumi sama posted...
Archwing3441 posted...
1)substitute
2)protect (1)
4)protect (3)
4)repeat

Unless you are just going for a pure stall team, I wonder what you're going to put in your fourth move slot to make all that effort worth it?

Remember being "invincible" is sort of useless unless he can actually do anything with that awesome recovery.

stealth rock + spikes. The roar is also useful for damage, I should have mentioned that.
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#8pokemonfreak97Posted 9/19/2013 5:44:42 AM
Archwing3441 posted...
Megumi sama posted...
Archwing3441 posted...
1)substitute
2)protect (1)
4)protect (3)
4)repeat

stealth rock + spikes. The roar is also useful for damage, I should have mentioned that.

He has Protect, Roar, and Substitute. Unless SR + Spikes becomes a single move (which would be ENTIRELY broken), he can't use them both.
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.
#9Megumi sama(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 7:02:39 AM
The "Stallrein" set does exactly what he describes except better since he gets 1/8 HP recovery every turn which is exactly what he needs (and would need just as much support except for maybe the hail.)
---