This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tyrunt, Strong Jaw, and the need for more 'biting' attacks.

#1paiprPosted 9/18/2013 7:55:41 PM(edited)
Earlier I made the comment that there where only 5 biting attacks. Just realized I was wrong. That said, with Tyrunts Strong Jaw ability, I think it be great if we got some new ones. So my question is what type, and what name would you give to a attack that works with the Strong Jaw ability.

Current attacks that will could probably see a power boost from Strong Jaw;

Bite
Crunch
Fire Fang
Thunder Fang
Ice Fang
Poison Fang
Hyper Fang
Super Fang {prob wont do to no base power} (thanks Twilight_Sonata)
Bug Bite (thanks again Twilight_Sonata)
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071
#2Twilight_SonataPosted 9/18/2013 7:44:35 PM
Pretty sure Super Fang couldn't be so boosted, because it don't have a base power.
#3kingboo35Posted 9/18/2013 7:46:15 PM
the only one i can see them adding is "dragon fang" but i think the current list is still going to be really good with strong jaw, i also hope we see more pokemans with strong jaw
---
---
Engage the lazer beam
#4Solar_CrimsonPosted 9/18/2013 7:46:22 PM
Here's a biting attack I came up with a while ago.

Chomp
Type: Dark
Base Attack Power: 25
PP: 15
Accuracy: 85%
Category: Physical, Direct
Double/Triple Battle Target: Choice
Flavor Text: The foe is gnawed by the user. It takes damage up to five times in the turn.
-Attacks two to five times per use.
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#5Shadow Flare13Posted 9/18/2013 7:46:43 PM
I can't really see Super Fang getting a boost since it's % based and has no specific BP. It'd be like Night Shade or SeismicToss getting STAB.

However, I am expecting at the very least a Dragon-type biting attack which would hurt with the boost from the ability, the likely decent BP (guessing 70-80 minimum), STAB, and the monster attack stat that I can see this mon having. If not that, maybe a Rock-type one.
#6Dante2049Posted 9/18/2013 7:47:05 PM
Dont care. Lil draggydinomon will join my team :)
---
Official Lucario and DexDorugoramon of ANY board
If love is blind, is there love at first sight?
#7Twilight_SonataPosted 9/18/2013 7:47:51 PM
Oh! You forgot Bug Bite. =)
#8JarickoPosted 9/18/2013 7:49:53 PM
Shadow Flare13 posted...
I can't really see Super Fang getting a boost since it's % based and has no specific BP. It'd be like Night Shade or SeismicToss getting STAB.

---
Jaricko - Official Venustoise of the omniverse / bacon in the fridge for all those who cry out in hunger of the Gamefaq's 3ds boards.
#9paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 7:54:14 PM
Solar_Crimson posted...
Here's a biting attack I came up with a while ago.

Chomp
Type: Dark
Base Attack Power: 25
PP: 15
Accuracy: 85%
Category: Physical, Direct
Double/Triple Battle Target: Choice
Flavor Text: The foe is gnawed by the user. It takes damage up to five times in the turn.
-Attacks two to five times per use.

that be good, sadly its another dark attack, but a neat idea.

Vampire Bite (Dark type attack that heals)
Venus Trap (Grass type attack that keeps foes from fleeing)
Stone Snap (Rock type biting attack)
Dragons Bite (Dragon type attack)
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071
#10nro87Posted 9/18/2013 7:56:30 PM
I see where you are coming from, but how many attacks get boosted by Iron Fist? Fire Punch, Ice Punch, ThunderPunch, Mach Punch, Bullet Punch, Comet Punch, Drain Punch, Dizzy Punch, DynamicPunch, Sky Uppercut, Shadow Punch, Focus Punch, and Meteor Mash. That's 13, but Iron Fist has been around since D/P/Pt. Strong Jaw is just now coming out, and will probably be the signature ability of Tyrunt's line, maybe branching out to Hippopotas/Hippowdon. 8 moves boosted by the new ability is pretty good for a basis, and Tyrunt will probably learn 6 of the 8.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.