This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I really don't understand why Fairy isn't weak to Psychic in this game..

#1godogodPosted 9/18/2013 8:10:29 PM
Llike pokebeach originally predicted from their leak.

I'm not saying it has to be, but it would have been a perfect buff for psychic type, especially psychic type pokemon.

Currently psychic is super effective only to TWO pokemon types--poison and fighting. Its only two typing, and poison pokemon are hardly fought against. On the other hand, they are weakened by THREE types--ghost, dark, and bug, with psychic moves being completely immune to dark.. Not to mention steel is just as awful to face a dark type, considering its resistant against psychic.

Now compare that to Fairy type, which are super effective against FIghting, Dragon, and dark types, and weak to poison and steel. Fighting and Dragon are pretty common types to come across in competitive play. Poison and steel type moves though are rare and aren't even good offensively overall.

inb4gamefreaklogicaboutpsychicsnotbeingabletotouchfairiesorsomething
#2the_cajun88Posted 9/18/2013 8:12:04 PM
It's Pokemon.

You shouldn't try to apply any kind of logic to it.
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg
#3Rad_DudesmanPosted 9/18/2013 8:12:12 PM
godogod posted...
Fighting and Dragon are pretty common types to come across in competitive play. Poison and steel type moves though are rare and aren't even good offensively overall

Exactly
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
Blaze the Cat is cool. People who agree: 5
#4Nado6Posted 9/18/2013 8:13:11 PM
Because a wizard did it and leave it at that
#5godogod(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 8:16:41 PM(edited)
Psychic type desperately needs a buff. GF really neglected and ****ed them over big time. I'm all for poison and steel types getting offensive buffs, and balancing out dragon types, but psychic type haven't changed much at all since Gen 2 and have been declining since.
#6DonniedonzPosted 9/18/2013 8:17:13 PM
You say all this as if Poison-type attacks aren't about to sky rocket in usage.
---
"No, you suck and you're wrong and I hate you." - FuneralCake
#7NewMoonShadowPosted 9/18/2013 8:18:10 PM
Psychics need a buff? They may not have many super-effectives, but those types that are super-effective against it aren't very good offensively.

Bug, which continues to be not very good offensively and defensively, with very few exceptions.

Ghost, which has few good STAB-ing Pokemon and even fewer decently powerful moves

And Dark, which is Super-Effective against it and immune to it... and is really still the only thing keeping Psychics from being overpowered like they were in Gen 1.

Making a single type super-effective to both Psychic and Dragon? Unless its attacks are universally awful, I could see that being somewhat broken...
#8Majora999Posted 9/18/2013 8:20:52 PM
They never said Fairy was weak to Psychic, they said Psychic resisted it.

Still wasn't true, I'm just saying.
---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11
#9the_cajun88Posted 9/18/2013 8:21:07 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...

Making a single type super-effective to both Psychic and Dragon? Unless its attacks are universally awful, I could see that being somewhat broken...

No one is talking about Psychic being weak to Fairy, it's the other way around.
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg
#10Unbridled9Posted 9/18/2013 8:21:22 PM
Fairy comes out. People start using poison types more to counter the new fairy types. Psychic is effective to poison... What's the problem again?
---
Math with Vi!
My 2 fists - 1 of your face = 1 dead foe.