This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If we get Mega Slaking, what ability should it get?

#1kaonohiokalaPosted 9/18/2013 10:18:45 PM
What should Mega Slaking's ability be? - Results (94 votes)
Truant (keeps its ability)
27.66% (26 votes)
Normalize
41.49% (39 votes)
Stall
11.7% (11 votes)
Slow Start
19.15% (18 votes)
This poll is now closed.
i like normalize
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#2jeffdogworthyPosted 9/18/2013 10:23:04 PM
i voted truant just for fun

and I know its competitively taboo to use slaking and even if you do they want you to use a 1-turn move so that you can switch out....

but a choice banded giga impact from that monster is hilariously devastating, just sayin
---
There's four of us, here tonight, chugga chugga choo choo time to fight
#3paiprPosted 9/18/2013 10:26:57 PM
Stall, Gets him attacking every turn but with the lack of priority. Honestly I don't get why they have to have such negative abilities without at least an option that's not so negative. I mean I get most of these Pokemon are strong. But I feel like there are other Pokemon just as strong if not stronger that go unchecked.
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071
#4kaonohiokala(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 10:29:08 PM
slaking has 670 bst and is non-legendary, it doesn't deserve a non-awful ability. esp. not its mega form.
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#5jeffdogworthyPosted 9/18/2013 10:29:40 PM
paipr posted...
Stall, Gets him attacking every turn but with the lack of priority. Honestly I don't get why they have to have such negative abilities without at least an option that's not so negative. I mean I get most of these Pokemon are strong. But I feel like there are other Pokemon just as strong if not stronger that go unchecked.

Have you SEEN its base stats and movepool?

Higher attack than Groudon, Rayquaza, and Zekrom, with almost as much HP as Snorlax and great coverage moves with a base 100 speed

Gamefreak actually did something right with both him and regigigas. id rather it be nearly unusable than rampant
---
#6JarickoPosted 9/18/2013 10:39:55 PM
I think normalize might be the best compromise to letting him attack more. Just make everything a normal type move. His stats are too good if you give him an ability without a drawback and he would guaranteed be uber bound.
---
Jaricko - Official Venustoise of the omniverse / bacon in the fridge for all those who cry out in hunger of the Gamefaq's 3ds boards.
#7Gen0408Posted 9/18/2013 10:44:16 PM
Normalize. He can be rendered offense-less with a Ghost, or some other types that resist Normal attacks. That being said, he would still fare well considering the great base stats.
---
Mild OCD sucks. There's even an even number of characters in this signature!
#8Amon_IshtarPosted 9/18/2013 10:45:21 PM
Honestly, even Normalize would be way too good. Something with that much power would mandate the use of Ghosts on every team. Stall is iffy, but really, it should keep Truant, especially if we're assuming the proposed Megalution gets increased Attack.
---
"You'll only multiply your incompetence." - Uchiha Madara
#9jeffdogworthyPosted 9/18/2013 10:46:53 PM
Normalize still grants STAB, correct?

As above stated, Steel/Rock/Ghost types would be absolutely necessary to defend against Donkey Kong
---
#10jimmyzeke13Posted 9/18/2013 11:50:47 PM
Huge Power. Amirite?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbYYJF0c4VA