This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For PVE, Do you make your pokemons learn status attacks?

#1Second_HokagePosted 9/19/2013 12:15:59 AM
I always fill my pokemon's 4 move slots with physical and special attacks, hardly ever any status attacks.

How about you?
#2pikangiePosted 9/19/2013 12:17:56 AM
I'm the same as you, except when it comes to certain things... for example Grass type Pokemon.

I looooove leech seed and absorb/drain move combinations. It really is fun seeing your enemy struggle while you constantly heal.
---
ACNL QR Codes: http://pikangie.tumblr.com/
3DS Friendcode: 4597-0805-4383
#3UmuruPosted 9/19/2013 12:35:41 AM
Sometimes I just like to whittle away at the opponent's health ever so slowly. Attract (or some sort of confusion inducing move) + Toxic + Leech Seed, then just slowly recover as I wait for their inevitable defeat. It feels more fun that way.
#4MegaMettaurPosted 9/19/2013 12:37:01 AM
Depends on the status. I almost always have WoW, and T.Wave in my party.
---
(PC): Skullgirls: Squigly <3 Steam ID: MegaMettaurX
(3DS): FC: 0834-1402-9867 - Mega Man Star Force 2 Zerker x Ninja, Contact, Mega Man Zero Collection
#5MegaZangoosePosted 9/19/2013 12:40:57 AM
No, no status attacks unless it can't learn any TMs or attacks that do damage at the level it's at.

If I decide to battle online with friends or random people, I'd consider it though.
#6XWolfOPosted 9/19/2013 12:49:24 AM
Mostly just attacks that do damage, but I occasionally do have Thunder Wave and Leech Seed. I end up replacing them eventually, though, so I guess that doesn't really count.
---
Woof...
#7Lux_SentouPosted 9/19/2013 12:51:22 AM
Toxic is about all I use in-game. I'm a big fan of confusion, but i'd be willing to bet any amount of money that the comp manipulates the RNG in its favor every time. I get confused, its at least 3 turns in a row of hurting myself, if not the full five. Computer gets confused, they attack normally twice and snap out of it. too many times. same with sleep and freeze. Even attract. My pokemon will always, inevitably, be immobilized by love, while a computer pokemon, in love, may as well not be effected.
---
I cannot protect you without holding a sword.
I cannot embrace you while holding a sword.
#8pikangiePosted 9/19/2013 12:56:28 AM
Lux_Sentou posted...
Toxic is about all I use in-game. I'm a big fan of confusion, but i'd be willing to bet any amount of money that the comp manipulates the RNG in its favor every time. I get confused, its at least 3 turns in a row of hurting myself, if not the full five. Computer gets confused, they attack normally twice and snap out of it. too many times. same with sleep and freeze. Even attract. My pokemon will always, inevitably, be immobilized by love, while a computer pokemon, in love, may as well not be effected.

I know how you feel. >_<
Because of that, I pretty much just shove all of my offensive damage attacks into the enemy instead, unless they're too strong and need damage-over-time moves, or I need to capture it.
---
ACNL QR Codes: http://pikangie.tumblr.com/
3DS Friendcode: 4597-0805-4383
#9sonic2307Posted 9/19/2013 1:03:07 AM
I only use Toxic, SubSeed, T-wave and WoW in-game. Most of the time my pokemon are way tougher than the opponent with effective offensive movesets so I don't need to rely on sneaky techniques very much.
---
I'm Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog.
3DS FC: 0962-9436-8898 Name: Shadow the Hedgehog
#10HoundoomedPosted 9/19/2013 1:04:49 AM
No. It's not like I'd use them even if I had them on my Pokemon anyway. My strategy is just attack, attack, attack, and heal if needed. Works for in game perfectly.
---
Dot dot dot
. . .