This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worth getting both games?

#1pikangiePosted 9/18/2013 11:16:02 PM
If there's only one save file for each game, would the only way to be able to get two different save files be to buy another game? Until today, I only intended on buying X, which I have pre-ordered. After seeing the confirmations about character customization, though, I've been having second thoughts.

I kind of want two save files only for the sake of the character design. I want both a female and male character to dress up. >_< So I'm not sure if it'd be worth buying a whole 'nother game for.

I mean I guess if I find that I really like the game enough and wanted Pokemon from both X and Y, I could see more use in buying both. Does anyone know if that's the case, though? Are there Pokemon exclusive to either X or Y, besides the legendaries, or is it still unknown?
---
ACNL QR Codes: http://pikangie.tumblr.com/
3DS Friendcode: 4597-0805-4383
#2xxgamer91xxPosted 9/18/2013 11:20:10 PM
I would only suggest getting one version unless you want two because they have the Pokemon Bank which you can store your Pokemon in. You can just use the Pokemon Bank to store all your Pokemon in then restart your game like nothing happen. Also since these games seem to focus a lot around online play i would think it would be hard rotating with two games, but its your choice do what you feel is right. :)
#3pikangie(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 11:24:03 PM
xxgamer91xx posted...
I would only suggest getting one version unless you want two because they have the Pokemon Bank which you can store your Pokemon in. You can just use the Pokemon Bank to store all your Pokemon in then restart your game like nothing happen. Also since these games seem to focus a lot around online play i would think it would be hard rotating with two games, but its your choice do what you feel is right. :)

I guess so.
There's no rush, after all. They will probably never stop making the game once it's out so I shouldn't worry about per-ordering two at once. I will just try one file for now, and see how it goes later on before deciding.

I've only ever had two of one game for Black/White, where I had bought a used Black game in Japan first, then bought the White in English.

I suppose for the clothes and such, I can try waiting to see if anyone will post pictures of all the clothing/hair available to both genders to help me decide which to make, once the game is out.
---
#4xxgamer91xxPosted 9/18/2013 11:25:48 PM
pikangie posted...
xxgamer91xx posted...

I guess so.
There's no rush, after all. They will probably never stop making the game once it's out so I shouldn't worry about per-ordering two at once. I will just try one file for now, and see how it goes later on before deciding.

I've only ever had two of one game for Black/White, where I had bought a used Black game in Japan first, then bought the White in English.

I suppose for the clothes and such, I can try waiting to see if anyone will post pictures of all the clothing/hair available to both genders to help me decide which to make, once the game is out.

Are you planning on picking up one of the games on release date?
#5pikangie(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 11:27:13 PM
xxgamer91xx posted...

Oh, no I pre-ordered X online, to be delivered by mail. So I will probably wait til a few weeks to a month after to decide whether i want the other one as well. XD
---
#6xxgamer91xxPosted 9/18/2013 11:30:03 PM
pikangie posted...
xxgamer91xx posted...

Oh, no I pre-ordered X online, to be delivered by mail. So I will probably wait til a few weeks to a month after to decide whether i want the other one as well. XD

Oh alright, I have a feeling its going to be a little while before we have all the information over clothing and such since this game is a world wide release. Well anyways I hope you enjoy the game once you get it. :)
#7pikangie(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 11:35:41 PM
xxgamer91xx posted...
pikangie posted...
xxgamer91xx posted...

Oh alright, I have a feeling its going to be a little while before we have all the information over clothing and such since this game is a world wide release. Well anyways I hope you enjoy the game once you get it. :)

Yeah, people will probably be busy playing the game before more in-depth info gets posted. XD Well, I'm fairly patient so it should be fine.
Thanks a lot, I'm excited for it, and I hope you enjoy it as well. :D
---
#8xxgamer91xxPosted 9/18/2013 11:44:27 PM
pikangie posted...
xxgamer91xx posted...
pikangie posted...
xxgamer91xx posted...

Yeah, people will probably be busy playing the game before more in-depth info gets posted. XD Well, I'm fairly patient so it should be fine.
Thanks a lot, I'm excited for it, and I hope you enjoy it as well. :D

Your welcome :)