This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WTF? (Anime related)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. WTF? (Anime related)

User Info: Dark_Zoroark

Dark_Zoroark
3 years ago#1
Ash knew Serena since both on them were children, what a plot twist!
ATTN: This user is forbidden to post forever, its account will be Banned in 3 days.
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=1947548

User Info: Empiror

Empiror
3 years ago#2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhhQhqi_AE
Pokemon Black fc-5243 1202 3802 Megaman Rj fc:2493 5945 5724 Yugioh 2010 4383 3896 9610
http://stevenjobs101.wordpress.com/<---visit my blog :u!

User Info: paipr

paipr
3 years ago#3
And he just happens to come to Kalos when she begins her journey.

Or he decide to travel through 5 other regions before he bothers to see her again.

Or he forgot all about her.
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071

User Info: xKYSx

xKYSx
3 years ago#4
the twist is that ash never ages and manages to go through 5 regions while being the same age.
"Anyone who plays a competitive game and is comfortable losing, is a loser, and they shouldn't be playing then." - Theetherealdrea

User Info: Aeonin

Aeonin
3 years ago#5
I hope she's riding a Skiddo that Pikachu accidentally paralyzes.
"A man's soul burns hotter than any cape." - xgamer1234
3DS FC: 1864-9225-4589

User Info: Dark_Zoroark

Dark_Zoroark
3 years ago#6
What next? Serena being promised as Ash´s fiancee?
ATTN: This user is forbidden to post forever, its account will be Banned in 3 days.
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=1947548

User Info: LenneValkirye

LenneValkirye
3 years ago#7
Dark_Zoroark posted...
Ash knew Serena since both on them were children, what a retcon!

FTFY.

User Info: TwilightEchoes

TwilightEchoes
3 years ago#8
LenneValkirye posted...
Dark_Zoroark posted...

FTFY.

"Retcon" assumes it was somehow established previously that he didn't know her or was never in a position to know her. Even if it's incredibly unlikely and nonsensical, it's not a retcon if it doesn't contradict previously established elements. This situation would be called an Asspull, where a plot development comes out of thin air but does not necessarily create any contradiction.

As far as I know, anyway. I don't follow the anime. I'm just assuming there's nothing in Ash's backstory that explicitly contradicts any meeting or friendship with this girl.
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]

User Info: DLOArceus

DLOArceus
3 years ago#9
LenneValkirye posted...
Dark_Zoroark posted...

FTFY.

What retcon? It doesn't overwrite anything we knew.
What do i have to do to set the language to English? because my game is in Japanese - joetendo69
3DS: 4983-5126-3707

User Info: pokemega32

pokemega32
3 years ago#10
TwilightEchoes posted...
"Retcon" assumes it was somehow established previously that he didn't know her or was never in a position to know her. Even if it's incredibly unlikely and nonsensical, it's not a retcon if it doesn't contradict previously established elements. This situation would be called an Asspull, where a plot development comes out of thin air but does not necessarily create any contradiction.

As far as I know, anyway. I don't follow the anime. I'm just assuming there's nothing in Ash's backstory that explicitly contradicts any meeting or friendship with this girl.

A retcon is not necessarily a contradiction.

It's the addition of information/events that the audience didn't know about but has supposedly always been there.
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. WTF? (Anime related)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived