This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New ice-type move that is SE against water!

#41ExcIusivity69Posted 9/19/2013 7:31:51 AM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
LenneValkirye posted...
The English name of this move is Freeze Dry.
An interesting fact: this move has already appeared in the trading card game http://www.serebii.net/card/fossil/017.shtml

Other moves like Destiny Bond and Flail appeared in the TCG before they debutted in the main games as well.

Nice find! And yeah, this has happened with moves like those- in fact, I think one of the earliest Abra cards has a Psyshock attack.

Anyway, yeah, I'm liking the sound of Freeze Dry. It'd be cool if Aurorus got it as a signature move to offset its particular craptastic typing, but it'd also be cool if a lot of Ice-types got it. Water-types, too- a lot of Water-types don't have a lot they can do against their fellow Water-types, you know?

If water types can have access to it, then everyone will just equip the move onto their water pokemon, and not bother with actual ice type pokemon.
---
When did "casual player" become an insult? -Taizuku
The real question is "When did hardcore gamer become a compliment/aspiration?" -JMBoote
#42LenneValkirye(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 7:33:34 AM
ExcIusivity69 posted...
Missingno_Mastr posted...
LenneValkirye posted...
The English name of this move is Freeze Dry.
An interesting fact: this move has already appeared in the trading card game http://www.serebii.net/card/fossil/017.shtml

Other moves like Destiny Bond and Flail appeared in the TCG before they debutted in the main games as well.

Nice find! And yeah, this has happened with moves like those- in fact, I think one of the earliest Abra cards has a Psyshock attack.

Anyway, yeah, I'm liking the sound of Freeze Dry. It'd be cool if Aurorus got it as a signature move to offset its particular craptastic typing, but it'd also be cool if a lot of Ice-types got it. Water-types, too- a lot of Water-types don't have a lot they can do against their fellow Water-types, you know?

If water types can have access to it, then everyone will just equip the move onto their water pokemon, and not bother with actual ice type pokemon.

No way water types are going to get it. Unless you can somehow explain water-types suddenly gaining the ability to dehydrate things.
Also, we've clearly seen in BW how "water types with ice attacks" don't cut it anymore (Dragonite and Ferrothorn say hi). If you need a serious ice attack, you use an ice-type.
#43XereintPosted 9/19/2013 7:33:49 AM
What if its not a ice type move? But having a icetype name
#44pokemonfreak97Posted 9/19/2013 7:35:58 AM
LenneValkirye posted...
Perhaps this is one of the rumored "dual-type" moves?

Can't happen.

0.5 x 0 = 0

0.5 x 0.5 = 0.25

0.5 x 1 = 0.5

0.5 x 2 = 1

Ice's type effectiveness on Water, multiplied by all possible type effectivenesses, cannot make 2 (which is SE).
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.
#45Twilight_SonataPosted 9/19/2013 7:39:46 AM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
Can't happen.
Ice's type effectiveness on Water, multiplied by all possible type effectivenesses, cannot make 2 (which is SE).

They didn't mean literally. They meant that this might be what they meant (incorrectly) by dual-typed attacks. Not actually dual-typed attacks but attacks that could sometimes **** with the type chart to yield abnormal effectivenesses. I've personally been wanting such things for quite a long time, so I'm excited. Get me a Bug Zapper electric attack that's super effective versus bug types, a Corrosion poison attack that's super effect versus rock and steel, a Poltergeist ghost attack that can hit normal type Pokemon. These are some pretty great possibilities.
#46jayman7Posted 9/19/2013 7:40:34 AM
Perhaps this is what the leaker meant by dualtype moves, and you know what? I'd be okay with that.

For some reason, I once got in my head that there was a Fighting-type move that broke normal type matchups and was super-effective against Flying. Not sure why I thought this - maybe confused by Sky Uppercut's special effects?
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#47EnzanChaudPosted 9/19/2013 9:15:01 AM
You can bet there's also going to be a move that was previously lame to help hydrate frozen Pokemon in double and triple battles, and an ability that will prevent some water types from freezing.