This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

wait, what? was fennekin talking (with telepathy) in that anime trailer?

#31Gleason037Posted 9/19/2013 5:12:49 PM
You know, by the logic of "it learns these type moves it's going to get that typing", that would make Chespin's final evo Grass/Ground and Froakie's final evo Water/Flying. Although a tree frog would be hilarious, I don't think it's gonna happen.
---
PSN: Gleason037
3DS FC: Eh, tell me why you want it and sure.
#32SlimeStackPosted 9/19/2013 5:15:05 PM
Arne83 posted...
SlimeStack posted...
Arne83 posted...
It really doesn't sound all that monotone... just saying.

It is for a Japanese person with their bouncy tones. <.<

A voice is either monotone, or it isn't. It's not a relative term.

You quite clearly understood what I meant, so the attitude isn't appreciated.
---
Blah.
#33NewbieN00bPosted 9/19/2013 6:00:26 PM
SlimeStack posted...
Arne83 posted...
SlimeStack posted...
Arne83 posted...
It really doesn't sound all that monotone... just saying.

It is for a Japanese person with their bouncy tones. <.<

A voice is either monotone, or it isn't. It's not a relative term.

You quite clearly understood what I meant, so the attitude isn't appreciated.

I don't see any attitude... but yeah, a voice is monotone, or it isn't, I agree XD
---
Give me all teh FE D':
White FC: 4428-2451-8791
#34Cyber Akuma ZeroPosted 9/19/2013 6:36:17 PM
Arne83 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNjZtvHqDHg

Wow, the timing sure is perfect to make it seem like its Fennekin, but Fennekin's expressions don't match up. Plus, it sounds like a young child talking, I assume it's one of the supporting characters.

On another note, this is the second trailer they showed Fennekin sneezing, I wonder if this is this going to be a running theme like with Jigglypuff drawing on people's faces.
---
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile
#35Nomorice4UPosted 9/19/2013 6:44:33 PM
Awesome! My Hermione can talk!
---
Capcom All Star dream team - Dr. Wily/Devilot/Donovan or Rouge/Talbain/Megaman(any)
#36KeeperofthedarkPosted 9/19/2013 6:46:30 PM
Aysander posted...
I'm surprised nobody's wondering what happens when "beat up" Ash goes diving off the tower....looks diff from the Clemont thing. Maybe Pika will do something special.

Flying-Electric Mega Pikachu confirmed.
#37SlimeStackPosted 9/20/2013 8:14:32 AM
Just saw a subbed version of the trailer and the line is "It breathes out hot air heated to over 200 degrees celsius."

So Fennekin not only sounds like the PokÚdex, she talks a lot like one too.
---
Blah.
#38Phoenix_HeartPosted 9/20/2013 10:12:12 AM
Fire/Fighting

It's second form is a clever ruse to deceive you. The wand it has will become a staff and it'll use martial arts.
---
I'm starting to wonder if all the mods on this site are the same person, and if that person is even old enough to be here.
#39Great_ReapettePosted 9/20/2013 10:19:55 AM
Phoenix_Heart posted...
Fire/Fighting

It's second form is a clever ruse to deceive you. The wand it has will become a staff and it'll use martial arts.

Confirmed to be holding a staff and using a boxing glove.

YEAH RED HERRINGS

YEAH FIRE/FIGHTING
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#40MeepleLardiclePosted 9/22/2013 12:46:33 PM
I don't think the voice is the Pokedex, just a generic narrator voice over for the trailer. The "monotone" factor comes from, you know, 3rd person external narrative, these are often monotone (albeit, not always monotone; see the English Narrator of the anime.) Heck, wasn't that voice similar to the japanese voice used in a number of XY Trailers?

Anyway, whether it is the Pokedex or not is irrelevant. What is relevant is that it is clearly not Fennekin speaking. The voice talks over Chespin and Froakie too, and it is also very clearly an adult male speaking. Fennekin is likely to be female in the anime, though that factor is mere speculation and irrelevant. What is relevant, however, is Fennekin's voice is high pitched based on what little we did see, like many "cute little furry critters" (Cyndaquill is another example.) If Fennekin was speaking psychically, chances are the voice would at least resemble its real voice, not the deep masculine voice the narrator had.

I think Lugia's the only one who speaks Psychically but has a voice that contrasts the psychic speak, but that could be because they wanted the singing to sound soothing and whale-like, while they wanted Lugia himself to come off as majestic and almost divine.
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!