This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If GameFreak doesn't release base stats it'll be FOREVER until gen 6...

#1RX02BansheePosted 9/19/2013 6:11:44 AM
has a proper competitive scene. No online sims = no hardcore players playing = no competitive scene. As a result the game will no doubt suffer for a long while, between the general chaos of the new gens shake ups nobody will know the actual benefits of things like Mega Evolution for far too long.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
If a video game needs to sell more than a million copies to break even it has problems.
#2The_DragonwPosted 9/19/2013 6:15:14 AM
It won't be as difficult for Megas because they'll know how much EVs and IVs they have looking at their stats before they evolve.

The new Pokemon? Hmm...
---
White Friend Code: 1764 2206 9014
The official Shadow Lugia of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#3RX02Banshee(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 6:19:11 AM
The_Dragonw posted...
It won't be as difficult for Megas because they'll know how much EVs and IVs they have looking at their stats before they evolve.

The new Pokemon? Hmm...

Oh yeah, I forgot maths would be feasible for the Mega's. Well that will at least remove some of the chaos then.
---
If a video game needs to sell more than a million copies to break even it has problems.
#4NionelPosted 9/19/2013 6:20:10 AM
I doubt GF will release base stats, since I don't believe they have in the past. A lot of base stats will undoubtedly be calculated after the game drops, or at least after the Gen 6 Pokedex comes out (since Nintendo has had this idiotic habit of separating the official strategy guide and the Pokedex since gen 3).

We've never noticed it before, due to this being the first worldwide release, but it usually takes a while for the competitive scene to take off anyway. Until folks at places like Smogon go through and find all the changes made to the previous 649 Pokemon and figure out new stats, abilities, and movesets for the new Pokemon and mega evolutions we won't see official tiers, and therefor won't see any real competitive scene take off until sometime in 2014.
---
Black 2 FC: 5244 3977 2266
#5Lone_HunterPosted 9/19/2013 6:22:45 AM
You could do math for all of them. There is going to be something that will auto level you to 50 (we can hope for 100). That there will give you a rough estimate to their stats (of course they have to be un EV Trained). I know it wont be 100% accurate but its better than nothing.
---
~Elite Divided Leader / TFC: Street Fighter / PBL: Wiseman~
(W2)2924-7521-0718
#6SkittyOnWailordPosted 9/19/2013 6:23:36 AM
Nionel posted...
Until folks at places like Smogon go through and find all the changes made to the previous 649 Pokemon and figure out new stats, abilities, and movesets for the new Pokemon and mega evolutions we won't see official tiers, and therefor won't see any real competitive scene take off until sometime in 2014.

Smogon tiers =/= official tiers.
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#7el_tercer_poderPosted 9/19/2013 6:40:42 AM
I's kind of compensated by the Super Training feature, in which you can see a rough estimate of their base stats, so it's not THAT bad...granted, it'd be great if we'd get actual numbers off it, but for now, that'll do.
---
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
#8HulkkisPosted 9/19/2013 6:41:54 AM
As a big fan of competitive scene, waiting up for base stats is exciting
---
"South-Korea is the only nation whose national sport has a sequel."
-Disc
#9RX02Banshee(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 6:50:06 AM
Lone_Hunter posted...
You could do math for all of them. There is going to be something that will auto level you to 50 (we can hope for 100). That there will give you a rough estimate to their stats (of course they have to be un EV Trained). I know it wont be 100% accurate but its better than nothing.

An estimate still wouldn't be good enough though, but you are on the right track, now that I think about it if you could assure it has a flawless IV in a stat and then leveled it to 100 it would probably be possible to calculate the exact base stat provided you know the right calculations to apply. And since we can migrate from past gens it shouldn't be all that hard to slowly but surely test each of the new Pokemon out, it'll require a huge fan effort though.

It still leaves the new legendaries (both banned and not) completely screwed though. With no way to breed them and no way to rng them it could take an incredibly long time to catalog their stats when they're at 100 with a 31 IV.
---
#10erekwashere15Posted 9/19/2013 6:52:12 AM
Even if the base stats were released early, we'd still need their movepools and abilities before they would be put on a battle sim
---
Winner of ares9090's Slaking Award