This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If GameFreak doesn't release base stats it'll be FOREVER until gen 6...

#21RX02Banshee(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 8:37:36 AM
DM_Shake posted...
Pshhhhh. I'm used to competitive fighting games, where tier lists literally take YEARS to compile. I can wait however long this'll take.

To be fair fighting games don't have their main play conducted on player built simulators though, which is what this will hold up being created. I'm not all that fussed if it takes them ages to sort out how the tiers work, but more how it will affect the development of the battle sims.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
If a video game needs to sell more than a million copies to break even it has problems.
#22mnkboy907Posted 9/19/2013 8:46:14 AM
SkittyOnWailord posted...
13121987 posted...
13121987 posted...
They will probably dump the rom and look at the codes.

Of a 3DS game? How long to you expect people to wait?

If it's data there is a way extract it. especially when they are selling digital copies.

Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that they're do it eventually. But there will be far faster options, like what pokemonfreak97 said.

Pokemon Bank doesn't come out until November, so transporting 6 Dittos will probably not be the faster option. If Ditto is available in X/Y, then maybe catching 6 of them with 31 IVs will be faster, but really I don't expect it to take long for the ROM to be cracked. People really go into overdrive when it comes to cracking Pokemon games.
---
http://i.imgur.com/q79lFGT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sYXvrdd.jpg
#23RX02Banshee(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 8:48:17 AM
mnkboy907 posted...
13121987 posted...
13121987 posted...
They will probably dump the rom and look at the codes.

Of a 3DS game? How long to you expect people to wait?

If it's data there is a way extract it. especially when they are selling digital copies.

Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that they're do it eventually. But there will be far faster options, like what pokemonfreak97 said.

Pokemon Bank doesn't come out until November, so transporting 6 Dittos will probably not be the faster option. If Ditto is available in X/Y, then maybe catching 6 of them with 31 IVs will be faster, but really I don't expect it to take long for the ROM to be cracked. People really go into overdrive when it comes to cracking Pokemon games.

I've actually done that (caught six Ditto's, each with a perfect IV), and trust me, unless Ditto is one of only two Pokemon you encountered and the one with the reasonably higher encounter rate I assure you it won't be faster.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
If a video game needs to sell more than a million copies to break even it has problems.