This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

And here I was hoping that this Gen's Pseudo-Legendary would beat Megarchomp...

#11WolfJouninPosted 9/20/2013 2:12:32 AM
Why would someone even use Mega Garchomp outside of a sandstorm team? I mean sure the boosts counter the speed loss, but wouldn't you rather use your Mega slot on something else otherwise? AND keep the original faster Garchomp?
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.
#12CakeOfLies(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 5:05:20 AM
WolfJounin posted...
Why would someone even use Mega Garchomp outside of a sandstorm team? I mean sure the boosts counter the speed loss, but wouldn't you rather use your Mega slot on something else otherwise? AND keep the original faster Garchomp?

Since when did I say that people wouldn't be using it on a sandstorm team?
Besides, I'm sure people will lower their Garchomp's Speed to get Sand Rush and ditch Rough Skin on Showdown, so there's that.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#13ManTigerPosted 9/21/2013 11:45:05 PM
Not to mention with fairies, choice items and setup dragons will be harder to use.
Pokemons like Kyurem-B (bulky and hard hitting) will be really popular. And Kyurem-B isn't exactly fast. Mega Garchomp most likely will not be used as a sweeper. It'll be like Kyurem-B.
#14VerdikaPosted 9/21/2013 11:48:48 PM
Mega Garchomp's attack and special attack each go up to 140...but it's speed goes down to 25. Still OP? No.

I SERIOUSLY doubt it would be THAT huge of a shift, but speed is a big deal.
---
There's nothing that sucks worse that that moment in an argument when you realize that you are wrong.
#15Rad_DudesmanPosted 9/21/2013 11:53:27 PM
There'll probably be Mega Kalos Pokemon in Z, or Gen 7

Notice how they've been giving Megas to popular Pokemon

Well, they don't know which Kalos Pokemon are going to be popular yet
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
Blaze the Cat is cool. People who agree: 5
#16MrprowleyPosted 9/24/2013 10:52:38 AM
Garchomp still has a 4x weakness to ice even with his beserker attack a well raised ice pokemon will put it on ice
#17CakeOfLies(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 10:55:48 AM
Mrprowley posted...
Garchomp still has a 4x weakness to ice even with his beserker attack a well raised ice pokemon will put it on ice

So Mamoswine and Weavile.
Just like old times.
GG.
Nothing has changed.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0992-4144-3423 - THIEF
#18RX02BansheePosted 9/24/2013 10:57:21 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
RotomGuy3 posted...
It's Speed goes down.

Speed isn't everything. Garchomp still has decent Defenses AND its Attack goes up (okay, its Sp. Attack does too so maybe the Attack boost isn't that great).

Still, Megarchomp will be OP. Mark my words.

I hope your realize the reason Chomp was such a threat was the fact that with an item it could outspeed most things and without an item it could still outspeed most things.

Mega Chomp loses the item slot and loses its speed. Sure it hits harder, but that means s*** when Mega Chomp can be revenged by EVERYTHING that outspeeds it (which is a lot more than before thanks to the speed drop) that learns a decent Ice move. And the fact it can'r have a Yache berry means it'll be feeling all the pain from the cold too. Bolt Beam Starmie will check it 100% of the time.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
If a video game needs to sell more than a million copies to break even it has problems.
#19kingjam1Posted 9/24/2013 11:13:36 AM
They need to give him Dragon Dance so he can boost his speed. Otherwise he'll probably only have use as a wall breaker and not a sweeper unlike the regular who can do both.
---
Can't think of anything
#20_Shadownite_Posted 9/24/2013 11:27:21 AM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
There'll probably be Mega Kalos Pokemon in Z, or Gen 7

Notice how they've been giving Megas to popular Pokemon and Mawile

Well, they don't know which Kalos Pokemon are going to be popular yet

Mawile is the Zoidberg of Megas