This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dual-type move confirmed?

#41MaplesGrandGMPosted 9/19/2013 11:33:20 AM
CA0001 posted...
MaplesGrandGM posted...
You people lack imagination, and are thinking too linear.

First, Freeze-drying, involves freezing temperatures, and heat. Maybe it's not combing Ice with something that is already super-effective, but combining 2 elements, to make a move super-effective.

An Ice/Fire combined, Freeze Dry skill, would be super-effective against Water types, because the entire process is about pushing out moisture, and removing it as much as possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeze-drying

It doesn't involve heating but pressure and you are just making things complicated with the dual type.

Unlike you, I read when I do research, perhaps you should as well.
#42CA0001Posted 9/19/2013 11:43:01 AM
MaplesGrandGM posted...

Perhaps you might want to process and understand your research first.
---
FC: 0518 8972 2483 (Black) 0046 9893 2351 (White2)
#43MaplesGrandGMPosted 9/19/2013 12:08:39 PM
CA0001 posted...
MaplesGrandGM posted...

My reading comprehension is fine. Both drying phases use heat, the first phase to remove the ice, the second to remove the unfrozen moisture.

Processed...

100%

Understanding...

Obviously, better than yours.
#44CA0001Posted 9/19/2013 9:20:48 PM(edited)
MaplesGrandGM posted...
CA0001 posted...
MaplesGrandGM posted...

My reading comprehension is fine. Both drying phases use heat, the first phase to remove the ice, the second to remove the unfrozen moisture.

Processed...

100%

Understanding...

Obviously, better than yours.

Sorry still incorrect, it seems you don't understand the relationship between pressure and heat.

Freeze drying is done in a vacuum, which at such negative pressures causes the latent heat of sublimation of water to drop drastically.

How drastic is it? Down to -50 to -80 degrees celcius, that's how much 'heat' you need, freezing temperatures, that's why it is called freeze drying.

It even says in the primary drying section: "Condenser temperatures are typically below -50C (-60F)."

You obviously didn't process or understand anything at all.
---
FC: 0518 8972 2483 (Black) 0046 9893 2351 (White2)
#45MeepleLardiclePosted 9/19/2013 9:39:25 PM
Let's assume for the sake of argument Pokebeach is wrong about Dual Type moves, and Freeze Dry (and possibly other unconfirmed brethren) is the truth behind the scenario...

...doesn't this just further he's right despite being wrong?

What I mean is that, again, he's clearly not full of crap. The situation would be simply explained by he used an attack, it worked different than the expected outcome (Ice being SE vs. Water instead of NVE), and assumed "oh, maybe moves can have dual typing now!"

IOWs, a simple mistake, or he just got his facts tied up or whatever. These things happen; basic human error. If Freeze Dry is indeed what he was referring to, then it doesn't mean he was full of crap; it just means he is fallible.

He did, afterall, already get the Fairy type rumor slightly botched. Why were people willing to dismiss that? Because everything else he said about Fairy was true, its easy t just assume that he remembered wrong, had a legitimate typo, thought one thing typed another, whatever.

He simply botched the info. This is different than a leak that appears, says a whole bunch of things, and then is proven wrong on the first new detail we learn. In that case, the guy was clearly full of ****, and we ignore the rest of the leak.

In Pokebeach's case? After getting so much right, he finally gets one or two things wrong, and they are explained by basic human error...yeah, I'm still willing to trust the leak, as even if he's wrong, there's likely some reason behind it.
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!
#46MagikarpRulesPosted 9/19/2013 9:50:53 PM
I don't think anyone is doubting the leak anymore. It's more like people trying to explain a possible honest mistake on the part of the leaker (who is not WPM himself, he just posted it in his site), or a detail that got changed.

All in all, I don't think Freeze Dry is a dual type move, but a move with a very specific effect. Sort of what Psyshock and Psystrike do, like it's already been said.