This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

X and Y anime looks promising

#1Haku125Posted 9/19/2013 8:10:29 AM
FINALLY giving ash some sort of backstory with Serena, Ash looking to be the oldest of the bunch. I guess Pokemon anime has some hope after all
---
Superbot: Oh you want us to nerf Sackboy? Here why don't we break the game for you!
#2Doctor_SpankyPosted 9/19/2013 8:11:32 AM
Ikr? Best animation yet, some actually potentially interesting plot points, I'm intrigued
#3MoonLightCloudPosted 9/19/2013 8:12:41 AM
Doctor_Spanky posted...
Ikr? Best animation yet, some actually potentially interesting plot points, I'm intrigued

Yea, I saw one of the trailers and was like: "Whoa, Ash actually looks cool here, what happened!?"

I still probably won't watch it, but it's nice to see.
---
One of my best friends has a viral video, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrasQOojFyo
#4SalsaSavantPosted 9/19/2013 8:13:17 AM
BW looked promising too.

As long as they keep the same writers, it'll only be "okay" at best. And that's on a good day.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#5MilsoPosted 9/19/2013 8:15:10 AM
It will be bad. Like always.
---
rawr
#6Great_ReapettePosted 9/19/2013 8:16:57 AM
>Raging Garchomp

Son of a---

CYNTHIA!!!!!1!one!!!!

/shot
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#7SamuraiLloydPosted 9/19/2013 8:22:34 AM
I actually sat down and watched episodes of the B/W anime recently... needless to say, I was less than impressed.

The Pokemon was, quite frankly, way better back in season one. I know that makes me sound like an old fogey talking about "the good old days" but, at least to me, it seems like the Pokemon anime slowly dropped in quality over the years to the point of disaster.

They keep retreading old ground with their plots (Team Rocket, just give up already) and keep padding things out to ridiculous extremes that it takes forever to actually get from point A to point B. And let's not forget the notion that Ash, canonically, HASN'T AGED A YEAR since he's started.

The games are holding up but I honestly have to wonder why the anime even bothers to continue. I'm just praying that Origins is a much better watch.
---
"I just beat Mag-Freaking-Neto! Where yo curly mustache at?!" - Deadpool
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage
#8CA0001Posted 9/19/2013 8:24:35 AM
Serena looks really bad compared to how she looks in game, her great proportions are lost.
---
FC: 0518 8972 2483 (Black) 0046 9893 2351 (White2)
#9Great_ReapettePosted 9/19/2013 8:25:44 AM
CA0001 posted...
Serena looks really bad compared to how she looks in game, her great proportions are lost.

Proportions?

Serena had them?
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#10CA0001Posted 9/19/2013 8:32:28 AM
Great_Reapette posted...
CA0001 posted...

Proportions?

Serena had them?

As an animator and artist, proportion is a technical term, it refers to the relative dimensions, angles and curves of the character design and structure.

In game, Serena is 7 heads with 4/7th of her height being her long legs, making her look elegant.

In the anime, she is reduced to 6 heads with 1/2 her height being her legs, combined with a more childlike design, she has lost most of her elegance.
---
FC: 0518 8972 2483 (Black) 0046 9893 2351 (White2)