This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The anime is so bad...

#1YorksterPosted 9/19/2013 8:13:55 AM
I just watched the Unova championship on youtube. I wanted to tear my eyes out.

Everybattle is basically:

"Dodge!"
"Dodge!"
"Dodge!"

Cilan/Iris: That pokemon is A type and the other pokemon is B type! A is strong to B! Ash must have a strategy.

"Dodge!
"Iron tail!"

*Pokemon faints!*

"You did a good job! Now take a rest!"(They say "take a rest" or some variation of the phrase EVERY time a pokemon faints.)

Also I don't remember the pokemon always saying its name being so annoying when I was a kid. Has the anime always been this bad or do I only look fondly on the first season because of nostalgia?
---
The above post is made of cake.
#2aDarkShinePosted 9/19/2013 8:16:04 AM
I don't know why but I found reading this funny
---
"Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting."
#3MidnightCrewPosted 9/19/2013 8:16:56 AM
the anime has always been this bad.
---
Official Scrafty Of The Black And White Clan. Official Lorelei of the BW 2 Boards. Official Beheeyem of the X/Y Boards.
#4trinogonPosted 9/19/2013 8:17:22 AM
First season was just as bad. It was dodge this, dodge that, tackle.

Unova is pretty terrible, watch the Sinnoh league match Ash vs. Paul or Ash vs. Conway for a good fight.

(You can watch Ash vs. Tobias if you don't mind cheaters)
---
"You can just, you can just stand in the sun all day passing a ball around, or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters."
#5NextgrandcrossPosted 9/19/2013 8:20:13 AM
MidnightCrew posted...
the anime has always been this bad.

The Unova chapter was particularly bad, it had some potential but they screwed up along the way.

I'm just glad theirs only one episode left.
#6Renjiro7Posted 9/19/2013 8:22:20 AM
lol, ikr, "[Pokemon], you were great. You deserve a good long rest." you should watch all the other regions for more of that and "Dodge!"s
#7Skull_proPosted 9/19/2013 8:22:39 AM
trinogon posted...
First season was just as bad. It was dodge this, dodge that, tackle.

Unova is pretty terrible, watch the Sinnoh league match Ash vs. Paul or Ash vs. Conway for a good fight.

(You can watch Ash vs. Tobias if you don't mind cheaters)

Ash vs Tobias was awesome. It was cool to see Ash actually taking down a legendary pokemon... and in front of millions of people (considering the battles were broadcast and people probably watched it)

Ash vs Paul dragged for a bit too long, but it was interesting.

I also actually liked Ash vs Nando battle, mainly because I loved Nando.
---
Arguing with TC is like playing chess with a pigeon: The pigeon craps on the table, knocks over your king, and flies away, declaring victory.
#8DarthLaharlPosted 9/19/2013 8:23:13 AM
I look forward to the new anime with Red and hope they continue it and then make second season with Gold, then a 3rd with RSE protagonist, and so on.
---
Sega has bought Atlus?!
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/ (it's a real website)
#9NitharadPosted 9/19/2013 8:24:11 AM
It... well... I actually just recently (like 3 weeks ago) went on a huge marathon and watched ALL gym battles and league battles.

And well... for Kanto the gym battles were atrocious and Ash ended up having 6 out of 8 baged litereally gifted to him because the gym battle was interrupted by Team Rocket and Ash could prove himself by defeating them.
It's a wonder no gym leader ever questioned if the whole thing wasn't staged...
Like what if the gym leaders sat down at a table and talked about how impressive Ash was defeating Team Rocket when they interrupted their official gym match and then like 6 out of 8 leaders realize the exact same thing happened with them and they all just gifted their badges to Ash as a result.
What a con-artist lol.

For the league battle, they were kind of okay but didn't make much sense and a lot of battles were 1-hit stories.

However in Johto the decline of Quality set in by having Ash being a total noob, like sending out Chikorita against the Flying Type gym leader. But overall he managed to earn 6 out of 8 bagdes in an honest way.
For me I noticed that when Ash fights against Jasmine the Steel Type leader the quality of the whole show has dramatically dropped and they begin to repeat everything they say multiple times, having flashbacks to 5 seconds ago and just state the obvious all the time.
The Johto league was actually pretty enjoyable, especially the fight against the trainer from Hoenn with his badass Blaziken that pwns Ash.

For Hoenn and Sinnoh I can't remember currently. But to answer your question

TL;DR: Yes and no, yes first 16 gyms were bad to watchs, no first two leagues were kind of enjoyable.
#10PkmTrainerAbramPosted 9/19/2013 8:26:45 AM
Unova is the worst season hands down, and yet it had the most potential too.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2 Perfect Run(JPN) 640/649 owned, Rayman Orgins(Wii)