This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The anime is so bad...

#31MaetchPosted 9/19/2013 3:28:19 PM
Chaos_Missile posted...
Earth Badge is quite debatable though, seeing as the Gym Leader WAS Team Rocket.

And Ash didn't even get to fight Giovanni, as he instead got stuck fighting Jessie and James for the Badge. By all means, that's almost as pathetic a "win" as the mercy Badges he got since Ash kicks those idiots' rears every day.
#3277guru77Posted 9/21/2013 8:51:11 AM
TehKrimboElf posted...
Actually Tauros was pretty beastly back then. He was upper OU.

That is very true. I meant that he had never really used the pokemon at all (it just sat in its ball or ran around with Professor Oak, like Tauros, Krabby and Muk). My bad; wording was confusing.
---
We 'is called a punch.'
-MaxedChic
#33SlimeStackPosted 9/21/2013 8:53:30 AM
Maetch posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...
Earth Badge is quite debatable though, seeing as the Gym Leader WAS Team Rocket.

And Ash didn't even get to fight Giovanni, as he instead got stuck fighting Jessie and James for the Badge. By all means, that's almost as pathetic a "win" as the mercy Badges he got since Ash kicks those idiots' rears every day.

To be fair it's the only way Ash could have gotten into the Pokémon League. Giovanni had Mewtwo at the time as part of the events leading up to the movie.
---
Blah.
#34aaron1111Posted 9/21/2013 9:17:19 AM
I have hopes for the New Anime and Origin.

Hope the Pokemon don't talk.
#35EstheimasterPosted 9/21/2013 9:26:13 AM
Instead of "Dodge! Dodge! Dodge!", the first season was infamous for Double Team.

Trainer A: (Pokemon A), use Double Team!
Pokemon A surrounds Pokemon B with clones of itself.
Ash: (Pokemon B), concentrate!
Pokemon B closes its eyes. Then it hits the real version of Pokemon A for a KO.
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#36KuraikawaPosted 9/21/2013 10:25:44 AM
I think the show is terrible. I couldn't even make myself care about the Elite 4 battle in Kanto when I was a kid. Even the target demographic got bored by the show. There is so much filler, so little stakes, and so many annoying Pokemon yelling their name over and over.
#37BreakerDoorManPosted 9/21/2013 10:27:49 AM
1. Why are you watching the Pocket Monsters anime?
2. Why are you watching the Pocket Monsters anime in ENGLISH?
---
.Breaker, breaker, this is the door man, lookin' for some **men!
http://tinyurl.com/a9anava
#38SlimeStackPosted 9/21/2013 10:34:18 AM
BreakerDoorMan posted...
1. Why are you watching the Pocket Monsters anime?
2. Why are you watching the Pocket Monsters anime in ENGLISH?

The subbing team aren't exactly the best either, you know. Very slow and have some bad translations, and the multicoloured fonts are ridiculous.
---
Blah.
#39MasterAdeptAlexPosted 9/21/2013 10:42:56 AM(edited)
Yeah, the anime does suck. Whenever someone talks, it is cringe worthy to my ears.
---
"There is good in this world, Mr.Frodo.....and it's all worth fighting for." Samwise Gamgee in Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
#40supdawg222Posted 9/21/2013 10:51:29 AM
The unova league was awful though the other leagues were pretty enjoyable to watch