This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The best thing confirmed today...

#1jayman7Posted 9/19/2013 8:51:23 AM
...is that we can finally shut up all those people who keep saying that X and Y represent chromosomes.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/19/men-are-from-mars-pokemon-x-and-y-are-from-france

Heidi Kemps said...
My time with X and Y, though brief, was enlightening. Yet one question still stuck in my mind. Pokémon generations have always featured naming schemes where the sets of games are “opposite yet complementary” – they are all sets of things, but they could be viewed as opposites to each other: Red, Blue, and Yellow; Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. I had seen X and Y as following this scheme, with X and Y being the female and male chromosomes, respectively. The feminine grace of Xerneas and the fierce, masculine image of Yveltal cemented this association in my mind. But it turned out my assumptions were completely wrong.

“The names of X and Y represent the philosophy we had behind the two games,” explained Yoshida. “We’ve taken the idea of X and Y from the geometric X- and Y-axes. They represent two different ways of thought. At the same time, we want to convey a message encouraging people to find a common ground, where X and Y converge.”

---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#2Dark_ZoroarkPosted 9/19/2013 8:55:20 AM
jayman7 posted...
...is that we can finally shut up all those people who keep saying that X and Y represent chromosomes.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/19/men-are-from-mars-pokemon-x-and-y-are-from-france

Heidi Kemps said...
My time with X and Y, though brief, was enlightening. Yet one question still stuck in my mind. Pokémon generations have always featured naming schemes where the sets of games are “opposite yet complementary” – they are all sets of things, but they could be viewed as opposites to each other: Red, Blue, and Yellow; Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. I had seen X and Y as following this scheme, with X and Y being the female and male chromosomes, respectively. The feminine grace of Xerneas and the fierce, masculine image of Yveltal cemented this association in my mind. But it turned out my assumptions were completely wrong.

“The names of X and Y represent the philosophy we had behind the two games,” explained Yoshida. “We’ve taken the idea of X and Y from the geometric X- and Y-axes. They represent two different ways of thought. At the same time, we want to convey a message encouraging people to find a common ground, where X and Y converge.”

Mind=Blown

Also, Z legendary confirmed.
---
ATTN: This user is forbidden to post forever, its account will be Banned in 3 days.
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=1947548
#3fallenKlNGPosted 9/19/2013 8:56:12 AM
Someone already made this topic:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67282086
---
3DS Friend Code: 2449-4639-6561
#4pacomcsqueakPosted 9/19/2013 8:57:00 AM
Dark_Zoroark posted...
jayman7 posted...

Heidi Kemps said...

Mind=Blown

Also, Z legendary confirmed.

"Also, Porygon-Z legendary, confirmed".
---
I7-2600k @3.40 GHz ll ASUS P8P67 LE ll 8 GB DDR3 ll 1 TB HD 7200 RPMs ll GB GTX 670 2 GB GDDR5
Steam: Salsa Czar
#5jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 8:57:08 AM
Yeah, I hadn't seen it. It was bumped minutes before I made the topic - while I was reading the IGN article.
---
#6SuperSonicDBZPosted 9/19/2013 8:58:33 AM
Yeah, I'm reading this article too. Though that's not what exactly stood out to me. How about the confirmed part that the game if Officially NOT all in 3D. Now it's confirmed. Though most people already had a gut feeling on this.
---
Donnel is my # 1 bro. We fist bump, slay some risen, eat some chicken strips, bomb the Valmese and steal sugar from Gaius on a daily basis. Like a Boss. FE:A
#7jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 9:00:59 AM
SuperSonicDBZ posted...
Yeah, I'm reading this article too. Though that's not what exactly stood out to me. How about the confirmed part that the game if Officially NOT all in 3D. Now it's confirmed. Though most people already had a gut feeling on this.

Given I like the 3D features, I wouldn't call that the "best thing". >_>
---
#8jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 9:07:14 AM
Though I am left wondering "Who is Professor Sequoia?" Mentioned in the article. Perhaps just a mistake and they meant "Sycamore"...
---
#9patkelly929Posted 9/19/2013 9:18:31 AM
The most important sentence is the first one. Running ability from the start.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
Green & Blue Bird, this is Mr. Fabulous, we are a go for cheesin' it. - Bender