This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wait... pokemon get exp from wild pokemon ecounters...

#1XCheapshotXPosted 9/19/2013 10:32:50 AM
even if you catch said wild pokemon?

awesome...
---
Steam IGN: GoddessPriere
PSN: Snarfzilla281
#2darkestarcherPosted 9/19/2013 11:05:39 AM
XCheapshotX posted...

awesome...

I agree that it's a nice system. Makes more sense than "Oh you didn't learn anything because the opponent didn't faint."
#3aDirtyShisnoPosted 9/19/2013 11:10:58 AM
darkestarcher posted...
XCheapshotX posted...

awesome...

I agree that it's a nice system. Makes more sense than "Oh you didn't learn anything because the opponent didn't faint."

But do you get experience if you faint. I doubt it!

I fought with the toughest guy ever and managed to miraculously dodge a bunch of his attacks due to things just suddenly coming to me during the fight! I was figuring out new tactics left and right, man I learned so much during that fight! And then he pulled the old shoestring gag and knocked me out with one good blow to the noggin, so I suddenly forgot the whole thing.

O.o!
---
...and he was never heard from again.
#4darkestarcherPosted 9/19/2013 11:18:36 AM
aDirtyShisno posted...
darkestarcher posted...
XCheapshotX posted...

awesome...

I fought with the toughest guy ever and managed to miraculously dodge a bunch of his attacks due to things just suddenly coming to me during the fight! I was figuring out new tactics left and right, man I learned so much during that fight! And then he pulled the old shoestring gag and knocked me out with one good blow to the noggin, so I suddenly forgot the whole thing.

O.o!

Obviously getting beat unconscious causes short-term memory loss such that any experience obtained just prior is lost.
#5bakkahentai8600Posted 9/19/2013 11:22:10 AM
I still think using a move should build up experience (either gathering some after every move or combining it at the end), and have the amount fall every usage in a single battle or start it low and slowly build it up.

Probably would drive a lot of players crazy though.
---
Previously the_sage2600
I'm baaaacccckkkkk
#6darkestarcherPosted 9/19/2013 11:26:24 AM
bakkahentai8600 posted...
I still think using a move should build up experience (either gathering some after every move or combining it at the end), and have the amount fall every usage in a single battle or start it low and slowly build it up.

Probably would drive a lot of players crazy though.

PMD does something similar to this in that moves level up as you use them (and that other pokemon who know the same move reap those benefits as well). However, I could see a system like this being problematic for doing bait-and-switch training of low level pokemon in-game. I doubt Gamefreak would ever make EXP based on the attacks used.

It would also make slowly chipping away at your opponent more valuable than just blasting them, which would make grinding even more tedious than it is already.
#7paiprPosted 9/19/2013 11:28:34 AM
Brings lvl 1 pokemon to cave that has a stationary wild Mewtwo, catches with Master Ball, anticipates how much exp will be gained on lvl 1 Pokemon.
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071
#8MaplesGrandGMPosted 9/19/2013 11:28:40 AM
darkestarcher posted...
aDirtyShisno posted...
darkestarcher posted...
XCheapshotX posted...

awesome...

O.o!

Obviously getting beat unconscious causes short-term memory loss such that any experience obtained just prior is lost.

Unless of course, you're a Saiyan, then you gain experience from every battle, win or lose.
#9raytan7585Posted 9/19/2013 11:29:21 AM
And that would affect those users who want low-level challenge.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baUY9LFlYh0 - KokorokokoroKOKOROkokoROKokoro-chan iu na
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/raytan7585
#10darkestarcherPosted 9/19/2013 11:30:57 AM
MaplesGrandGM posted...
darkestarcher posted...
aDirtyShisno posted...
darkestarcher posted...
XCheapshotX posted...

awesome...

O.o!

Unless of course, you're a Saiyan, then you gain experience from every battle, win or lose.

True, but it'd be silly to think of anyone cramming Saiyans into tiny balls and sending them out to do battle against your foes.

... waitaminute.