This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Non-attack moves?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Non-attack moves?

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
3 years ago#11
Competitively, it's kinda rare I run something with 4 attack moves, unless it's a sash/band/specs set. In-game I like having a status move just for fun. I usually don't need more than one or two moves per monster anyway.

(They're called status moves, btw. There's pyshical, special, and status moves.)
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515

User Info: IVIasterJay

IVIasterJay
3 years ago#12
Some of my pokemon have four attacks, and some others have only one. I've done the elite four with no direct attacks before. It was interesting to say the least.

User Info: Belligero

Belligero
3 years ago#13
You'll never really need status or support moves in game unless you're trying to do low level runs or something.

Outside of the game though, they are definitely useful.

User Info: Umuru

Umuru
3 years ago#14
Depends on what you're talking about. I don't have a uniform moveset template for all of my mons. :p

User Info: GoGoat

GoGoat
3 years ago#15
Ingame I very rarely use non-attack moves, unless I keep thunder wave on someone to use for catching pokémon. That stuff is the kind of thing that only really makes a difference in the metagame.

I will admit though, growl/tail whip were very useful when I was a idiot kid back in Pokémon Yellow when facing off against Brock.
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
3ds FC: 1934-0765-5595

User Info: Metleon

Metleon
3 years ago#16
In game, it's either 4 attack moves or 3 attack moves and 1 non-attack moves. Things like Leer can still be useful for harder fights. And Leech Seed and Thunder Wave can be very effective. I actually used a Giga Drain/Sludge Bomb/Sleep Powder/Leech Seed Venusaur in LG and Thunder Wave from my Zebstrika was the only reason I was able to beat Ghetsis in BW.
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.

User Info: ViolentAbacus

ViolentAbacus
3 years ago#17
Ah. I can see the point of ones that actually do things other than stat changing ones, but I never know what moves to keep/get rid of, etc. And then moves like growl, leer, and esp. moves that reduce Special attack/defense, I could never see the point in. ;-;
While you bask in my glory, please try not to make me angry by writing words that don't exist in dictionaries.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Non-attack moves?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived