This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Non-attack moves?

#11NessEggmanPosted 9/19/2013 1:27:15 PM
Competitively, it's kinda rare I run something with 4 attack moves, unless it's a sash/band/specs set. In-game I like having a status move just for fun. I usually don't need more than one or two moves per monster anyway.

(They're called status moves, btw. There's pyshical, special, and status moves.)
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#12IVIasterJayPosted 9/19/2013 1:29:49 PM
Some of my pokemon have four attacks, and some others have only one. I've done the elite four with no direct attacks before. It was interesting to say the least.
#13BelligeroPosted 9/19/2013 1:32:10 PM(edited)
You'll never really need status or support moves in game unless you're trying to do low level runs or something.

Outside of the game though, they are definitely useful.
#14UmuruPosted 9/19/2013 1:32:39 PM
Depends on what you're talking about. I don't have a uniform moveset template for all of my mons. :p
#15GoGoatPosted 9/19/2013 1:35:05 PM
Ingame I very rarely use non-attack moves, unless I keep thunder wave on someone to use for catching pokémon. That stuff is the kind of thing that only really makes a difference in the metagame.

I will admit though, growl/tail whip were very useful when I was a idiot kid back in Pokémon Yellow when facing off against Brock.
---
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
3ds FC: 1934-0765-5595
#16MetleonPosted 9/19/2013 1:36:47 PM
In game, it's either 4 attack moves or 3 attack moves and 1 non-attack moves. Things like Leer can still be useful for harder fights. And Leech Seed and Thunder Wave can be very effective. I actually used a Giga Drain/Sludge Bomb/Sleep Powder/Leech Seed Venusaur in LG and Thunder Wave from my Zebstrika was the only reason I was able to beat Ghetsis in BW.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#17ViolentAbacus(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 4:13:53 PM
Ah. I can see the point of ones that actually do things other than stat changing ones, but I never know what moves to keep/get rid of, etc. And then moves like growl, leer, and esp. moves that reduce Special attack/defense, I could never see the point in. ;-;
---
While you bask in my glory, please try not to make me angry by writing words that don't exist in dictionaries.